Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boat Noise Level Rating

Spencer_ShultzSpencer_Shultz Posts: 18 Baller
Fellow waterski enthusiasts,
I’m trying to find the noise level of a 2016 SN 200 5.7L. Would anyone happen to have that info?
You’ll see why I need it in a few months hopefully!
Thanks,
Spencer

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,548 Mega Baller
    I assume they want the decibels some distance from the boat?
  • Spencer_ShultzSpencer_Shultz Posts: 18 Baller
  • Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 648 Crazy Baller
    Contact Nautique, I'm would think they have that data.
    Spencer_Shultz
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 509 Crazy Baller
    That is (or was) part of the towboat test. You might be able to find it in old towboat test reports.
    Andre Broussard | SkiBama Team Captain | SkiBennetts |
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,548 Mega Baller
    My suggestion is find a boat and measure it. Went through this with snowmobiles a few seasons ago. Published data loses to a neighbor with time in their hands. Add a FAE and document what your boat is like at hole shot 10 feet away and then you have proof. In my case it wasn't us making the racket and we proved it.
  • DockoelbotoDockoelboto Posts: 142 Baller
    @Spencer_Shultz are you worried about the boat being too loud on a private lake? Does your lake have sound restrictions? Just curious. I live on a ski lake, my house is very close to the water. On my lake there are nautiques and malibus. You can hear them but it isn't intrusive.
    Spencer_Shultz
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 939 Crazy Baller
    I live on a ski lake and I think the loudest part of the boat from shore is when the driver pulls back the throttle to stop the skier and shorten the rope. I know this sounds crazy but pay attention next time a boat is running the slalom course.
  • DWDW Posts: 2,296 Mega Baller
    @skierjp - Not crazy, when you cut the throttle the water flow drops significantly so for a short bit the engine exhaust:water ratio goes up. Water is a significant 'muffler' of exhaust noise.
    bishop8950
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,620 Mega Baller
    @skierjp try some downturn exhaust tips. As you come off the throttle, they drop below the waterline.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 939 Crazy Baller
    I don’t have a problem on my lake. I was just offering a suggestion. If you ease off the throttle when slowing down the boat is quieter. I have the new Ski Nautique so mostly all you hear is the water spray when it goes by.