Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hickory NC

Are there any courses around the Hickory,NC area or even on lake Hickory?

Comments

• The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,084 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Sky view
    Shut up and ski
  • lcarneslcarnes Posts: 122 Solid Baller
    Mystic Waters is less than an hour and a half away. Austin Abel (grew up in Hickory) runs a ski school there - and will do ski only pulls as well. Opening again in the Spring.
    ALPJrskigirl
  • MJEMJE Posts: 120 Baller
    Rocky Ford
    drew
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 952 Mega Baller
    There is one private site south of Hickory next to Hwy 321 and 3 sites southeast of Conover towards Lake Norman. Don't know if any of them run clubs.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,076 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Skyview in Hickory is a first class ski site that is enjoying a bit of a Renaissance with an infusion of new members. That’s your closest option. Lynn’s lake (where Austin coaches) is awesome but a bit more of a drive. I hear Rocky Ford is looking for members. It is also a fantastic site and in the neighborhood.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,589 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @lpskier just to be clear, Skyview is in Harmony not Hickory. And Clear Lake is just outside Lexington.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,076 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Hickory. Harmony. All the same to me!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    The_MS
  • mcmahanbmcmahanb Posts: 2 Baller
    Rocky Ford would be the closest
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,084 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    I think Dana lived in Hickory and drive to Sky View and that’s why I thought it was close
    Shut up and ski
  • drewdrew Posts: 99 Open or Level 9 Skier
    We are headed to see wife's family in Hickory tomorrow morning. The lake just south on 321 is Rocky Ford, owned by my wife's brother Clay Neill and dad Ed. They also own Little Mountain in Denver. Jeff Gilbert and some other area tournament skiers ski there, in a club. I am sure that some other members will follow this thread and offer connections. @outplacedskiing pm me if you would like to be connected with Clay