Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Update - Jim Ross, Husband, Father, Brother, Friend

RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,371 Mega Baller
Hi Ballers this is an update on Jim, or as many of you know him, the almighty and tireless @Razorskier1

He is my Dad, @6balls older brother, and @SlalomSteve uncle

The weekend of Halloween Jim had a significant 3 hour seizure event that has led to a significant set back for his health. The following Wednesday we engaged hospice and have been working with them ever since. After the seizure his left sided neuropathy and pain increased significantly and our focus has turned solely to managing that pain. When he is awake he remains lucid and is very much still himself.

At the onset of this diagnosis, we were given 15 months, at 20 months he was in the gym with me benching 10s at 225lbs and we are now at 46 months fighting hard and living to our fullest.

The below Facebook page has been set up for him for people to post, say what they would like to say, and share their memories with those who knew him from all walks of life.

I love you Dad, and I’m so grateful for all of the memories we have together, and for everything you’ve done for me. We’ve had a lot of fun together.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/366709643712167/?ref=share

MurrskiClydesdaleBruce_Butterfieldbishop8950aupatkingDirtJody_SealOldkierliquid doldjeepAndre6ballsThan_BoganrfaReggieOKimbymonGarskibugLanceHCookRAKandjulesdarinmontgomerydthateEdmundlakeaustinskierskihartBulldogLarsmmosley899KillerMDB1056ricocustomskiBill22Mrs_MSchris55BugHunterskistromswc5150robmollysilverlakeJayproBdeckerA_BSkoot1123S1PittsKKellyMillerTime38davemacTimr71Ed_JohnsonunksskisjimbrakeZmanrawlysantangeloswaterkdklindyTonyTAndersonUWSkierbojansBlueSkim_pagsJordanNaterchipkimballpowbmpsShortenitAlvin_NeffghutchMarcoOnside135dbaconaz

Comments

• RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,371 Mega Baller
    I remember that weekend @RichardDoane

When people ask me about my favorite site I’ve skied my answer is always that day at Radar Lake which without fail leads to the Deer Slayer story.
    RichardDoane6ballsdthate
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,145 Mega Baller
    I love mathematics!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,371 Mega Baller
    @The_MS I love that picture, Minnesota invades Florida

@thager, as it relates to mathematics, it’s good that you can have a love for even without an understanding of ;)
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,080 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Great photo. @Wish. I know the face, but am struggling for a name of the fellow in the white shirt
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Looks like that damn Marine A-6 snorkel driver O.B. aka George Obser to me!!
    klindy6ballsaupatking
    @RazorRoss3 My dad was a math teacher, I had to understand it! As you recall, we were trying to show how much we loved @Horton digitally!
    RazorRoss36ballsjayski
  • bananaronbananaron Posts: 465 Crazy Baller
    @6balls @Razorskier1 @RazorRoss3 May the good Lord be with you and your families during this most difficult time.Remember you will always have the beautiful memories and moments that last forever.I lost my dad to cancer and know how difficult it is to watch.GOD BLESS YOU ALL.........
    Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota
    6ballsRazorRoss3Skoot1123
  • KKellyKKelly Posts: 27 Baller
    @RazorRoss3 I joined BOS about 6 years ago when I started skiing again. I so much enjoyed reading the posts from @Razorskier1 @6balls and you. You grew up in a family skiing together and that is something I wish I had had. Your dad and your family are in my prayers.
    Kevin
    6balls
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,035 Mega Baller
    So many prayers from here. Thanks @RazorRoss3 for posting. I have been thinking about your dad and family this whole time and have been wondering how things were going. Just know that we are pulling for you. Many prayers and thoughts your way.
    6ballsRazorRoss3
  • OldkierOldkier Posts: 44 Baller
    Just to let you know all of us river rats from Kentucky are sending our love and prayers.
    Your uncle Joe skied with us when he lived in Cincinnati and would tell us great stories about your dad.
    6ballsRazorRoss3Lieutenant Dan
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,254 Mega Baller
    Sending prayers from Texas. I remember meeting @RazorRoss3 when he moved to Texas for a brief stint. He had such a passion for skiing. Y'all are all welcome to come down in the spring for some warm weather skiing.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    6ballsRazorRoss3RichardDoane