Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EP55: Ski Talk with Elizabeth Montavon (Part 2)

ROBOTROBOT Posts: 330 Administrator
01100010 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101111 01100110 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100001 01111001
DaveD

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,875 Mega Baller
    So I just figured out what I should look for in recruiting for high jumo, triple jump, and pole vault, especially for female recruits:

"I have no ability to scale my aggression."

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that Elizabeth herself could learn HJ or PV because there's a key moment in each with your head upside down.

But if there are any girls in New England reading this and thinking "I don't know how to scale my aggression either" -- come join us sometime at Patriot Pole Vault!!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    EM_
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 552 Crazy Baller
    Her take on social media, comments on bringing outside sponsorship in, and taking the power away from the boat manufacturers is spot on.
    WishjimskiEM_
  • BongoBongo Posts: 45 Baller
    @unksskis, I mostly agree. Near the end, I didn't hear her marketing approach as "taking power away from the boat manufactures" as much as I heard additionally welcoming other (non-slalom specific) sponsors into the sport. The 4th event cooler, the socks company, etc.

@Luzz, I enjoy the heck out of your podcasts; this and Water Ski Bits. My 20 yo DD and I typically listen separately (due to schedules), then compare our impressions after we've each listened to each interview. Gives us a great opportunity to talk about something we each love, but from our different perspectives.

While there's certainly recency bias, I thought these two parts were spectacular.

LuzzEM_AmandaLR
  • jimskijimski Posts: 588 Crazy Baller
    Picking on the old guys again.
    It’s the same 100 people following every one
    The_MS
  • skisprayskispray Posts: 235 Crazy Baller
    edited December 2020
    @jimbrake maybe I missed it when I listened, why do you say “picking on the old guys again”?
  • LuzzLuzz Posts: 560 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @Bongo thank you :smile:
    Glad you are enjoying the Bits too :sunglasses:
    Host of The Water Ski Podcast & Water Ski Bits
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    Co-organizer of the Jolly Clinics
    KKelly
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,599 Mega Baller
    When she said something about having photos of Pro skiers getting into and out of the water all I could think is; expand that to follow @FWinter for a day with a video camera. His incredibly friendly and funny personality are something the world needs to know. It would likely be a riot! I enjoy just hanging out talking with him as much as skiing with him.
    I really would enjoy something like that with all the pros, especially @Luzz and Jon Travers. One with Will Asher would be really interesting too. It would probably take someone like the guys at TWBC to put something like that together. Marcus Brown does a great job of that kind of thing with his own life all the time.
    Skoot1123theboardingschool
  • Live2skiLive2ski Posts: 38 Baller
    A bit like this :

Filmed around the Andy Mapple pro at Thorpe by a friend of mine - awesome edit.
    RAWSkirockdogLuzzdvskiing