Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Efficiency ?

Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,193 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
edited December 2020 in Technique & Theory
Hi Guy's & Gal's
There is a wealth of knowledge and talent on this forum and people offering all sorts of useful advice across a broad range of topics, covering the sport of water skiing.
But when it comes down to your skiing, bearing in mind that we are all different, so not all advice works for everybody. how many people actually sit down and think about what changes can be made, to make their ski more efficient, whether that be a adjustment or a change in timing, movement or body position.
Is sitting down and working it out for yourself better than, somebody telling you.

Great Skiers are Great Sliders they know how to maximize the efficiency of their ski across the water with the least effort.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

Comments

• The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,079 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Great skiers are natural skiers that have great vision and timing. Reaction to what is in front of them is what separates how great they are.
    Shut up and ski
  • RGilmoreRGilmore Posts: 90 Baller
    edited December 2020
    Personally, I believe that the more consistent your connection to the boat - throughout the entire pass - the more "efficient" you will be.
    - Chriss Rossi on staying connected to the boat -

MDB1056Bruce_Butterfield
  • jimskijimski Posts: 588 Crazy Baller
    This is why I think it’s also important to try out different coaches and find one who makes sense for you.
    Asking advise about ski adjustment is huge for me and @Chris Rossi and @brooks are awesome at giving feedback
    I’m constantly listening, reading about technique and analyzing my own skiing
    Through video
    The good knowledge is out there, you just have to figure out what knowledge is good and works for you
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,214 Administrator
    @Stevie Boy are you asking if you should bother with coaching?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

• 6balls6balls Posts: 5,562 Mega Baller
    Most coaches are teaching the same fundamentals. Sometimes it’s the way it’s said to allow you to “feel” it and thus make the desired improvement. To others saying it that way may make no sense. I think a great coach has many ways to explain a concept or get u to do the right thing. It’s communication and getting thru to each student.
    Jim and I talked ski theory every day...miss that.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    OldkierGloersenskialexCam
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,193 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    @Horton definitely not, but what happens when the coach is not there, good coaches make you think about what you are doing, some of it sticks, but it is very easy to leave something out, when they are not there, what I am saying is if you are not getting that feeling of being transported from one side to the other by the boat and you are having to work for it, something somewhere is not quite right.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

jimski
  • VONMANVONMAN Posts: 235 Crazy Baller
    Took me about 10 years of trying to figure out this sport when I got bit by the bug back in 1981. With good coaching you could reduce that to 1 to 2 years. I'm still learning even after all these years.
    Ernie Schlager

A Good One Ball Gives You Six