Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanting to Buy: Zero Off boat

jcampjcamp Posts: 929 Mega Baller
The supply of used boats for sale on ski-it-again, only inboards, boat trader (all which I search compulsively), etc., is getting pretty thin as we head into winter. So I thought I’d reach out to fellow ballers in case any of you knew of other boats for sale or boats that will hit the market soon.

I’m fairly open to year/models, but in general I’m looking for:
  • Nautique 200 (closed or open bow), MC Prostar (08 and newer), Malibu Response (08 and newer)
  • 30-45k budget
  • Probably no more than 800 hours
  • Everything must work
  • Preferably east of the Mississippi
  • No crazy colors (my wife’s only condition)
Thanks everyone.
Skoot1123

Comments

• KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 492 Crazy Baller
    Besides all the sources you mention give a few local inboard dealers a call. They might have a trade in coming that would work for you. That worked for me. Good luck and happy hunting!
    jcamp
  • marknmarkn Posts: 405 Crazy Baller
    If you are "fairly open" to year/model, there is a 2006 Nautique 196 with 201 hours for $26,500. Convert to ZO for around $5-6k and you have a pretty darn good, low hour ZO slalom machine. (No affiliation)
    6ballsjcamp
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 929 Mega Baller
    Thank you @markn but I have ruled out a 196. Now, if I didn't have three kids ...
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,861 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    edited December 2020
    @jcamp are your kids tricking now or will they in the future? If so, the trick wake on the 200 is significantly better than either the MC or Malibu. The Malibu has a decent wake, but the trick table in the center is pretty rough, so it would be an ok second choice.

The 200 is also easier to drive for beginning and intermediate drivers (wife and kids).

This one seems to fit your criteria:
    https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=58527

More food for thought:)
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
    jcampunksskis
    Thanks @Bruce_Butterfield they haven't caught the tricking bug yet but I'll keep trying. Drivability is a big deal as my wife is not very comfortable driving and this will be the boat I hope to train my kids to drive on. That gives the 200 a big edge in my book.
    Bruce_Butterfield
  • PhilPhil Posts: 69 Baller
    PM me
    Phil Hughes Champions Lake Clermont FL.
    jcamp
    @Bruce_Butterfield unfortunately that boat sold weeks ago and the owner has just "forgotten" to take it down.
    @Phil PM sent.
  • IsenbedIsenbed Posts: 3 New Baller
    Make sure you add Facebook marketplace and Craigslist to your search. I found my 2015 ProStar on Facebook for $45k in September.
    jcampaupatkingOrlando76
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,601 Mega Baller
    edited December 2020
    None of those places have boats. Stop looking there ;) You people are ruining my happy hunting grounds. @jcamp the 200 is super easy to drive but I love the 2014+ Prostar small wakes for kids learning the course at slow speeds
    jcamp
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 752 Crazy Baller
    +1 on the 2014 and newer Prostar. Wakes are small in the 20s. Interestingly enough, I skied a 2021 Prostar at regionals, and did not like the wake as much. I just saved $30k, by keeping my ‘16!
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
    jcampWish
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 846 Crazy Baller
    It is a very tough time in history to find a good deal on a used boat. If you do find one, be prepared to pounce.
    escmanaze
    @jjackkrash I missed out on THE boat by one day. By the time I saw it I was number 4 in line ...
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 499 Crazy Baller
    edited December 2020
    Price seems fair, but that color combo ... :s

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/341113780664701/

liquid d
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,562 Mega Baller
    Ew...who does that?
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    swc5150Bruce_ButterfieldMDB1056
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,472 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    When cost is irrelevant and you let your 4 year old loose on the boat builder!
    Scott Calderwood
    MichaelWiebe
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 788 Mega Baller
    Wow interesting. After seeing the interior I thought maybe this was created by a (slightly crazy) Seattle Seahawks fan or player..... But it's located in FL. Definitely one of a kind.
  • floridagmfloridagm Posts: 35 Baller
    Nope, he ordered it that way. We ski behind That boat a few times a week.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,241 Mega Baller
    The Dealer/Factory should never let that happen. Protect your brand people!
  • CnewbertCnewbert Posts: 287 Crazy Baller
    @DavidN after looking at all the rest of the photos on Facebook I was reminded why our parents warned us, “Don’t drink and design boats”!
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,084 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Looks awesome
    Shut up and ski
    Rednucleusalanc
    edited December 2020
    My wife has one condition and one condition only: no crazy colors. Unfortunately that eliminates quite a few recent-model ProStars.

Regarding the boat above, I actually like the interior colors more than I thought I would. I wish the exterior matched the interior, but hey, you put down the cash you get to pick your own colors!
  • OldkierOldkier Posts: 44 Baller
    It matches my new running shoes
  • ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 171 Baller
    I looked at that mastercraft a few weeks ago. I was willing to overlook the colors, but the boat is in rough shape cosmetically. I think he took the pictures quite a while ago....
  • ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 171 Baller
    And yes, the colors are just as hideous in person.
    Cnewbert
  • harddockharddock Posts: 184 Baller
    edited January 23
    Would this work? Up in New England 800+/- hrs. 2010 team 200 all options. $42,000
    jcamp
  • harddockharddock Posts: 184 Baller

RAWSkijcampMISkier
    @harddock Uh, yeah it would! Just sent you a message. Thank you.