Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Prostar - whats the wake like

LK_skierLK_skier Posts: 57 Baller
Hi all
Looking for reviews of a 2010 model prostar - slalom wash at longer lines - I have read it can be a little big? or hard?? when does it start to improve? And is it "that" bad? For reference I skied behind the current shape TXI and I found that thing to be horrible at long line. Kids are at 28/26 mph - but improving so fast that they won't stay there long. I do ski with a few people that ski slow and long line. And what is it like at 34mph 22/28 off - that's where I ski mostly with hope of running the odd 32 soon

Comments

• vtjcvtjc Posts: 277 Solid Baller
    edited December 2020
    Same hull 2003-13 (01-02 similar)
    See this thread: https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/24744/2006-prostar-197

A History Thread on Prostars: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/showthread.php?t=29236&t=29236

I think the evo 190/197 are great boats, the low speed long line length isn’t the only measure of a boat. They are well built, look great and track well.
    LK_skier
  • slowslow Posts: 439 Crazy Baller
    The poorest of the big 3 for slalom for that era in my opinion. Love the look of them though
    LK_skierMISkier
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 1,068 Mega Baller
    I skied behind a Prostar I believe was a 2011(?.) I was surprised how good the wake was. It was a pretty shallow lake, which helped, but it was very good at 15 and 22 off, 32mph. I was told it was the last year before they went to the Ilmore. The 1st year of the Ilmore engines had some weight distribution issues that hurt it.
  • LK_skierLK_skier Posts: 57 Baller
    @ScottScott - yeah I heard the same about the Ilmore engines... @vtjc thanks for the links and info - food for thought
    rodecon
  • DryfarmerDryfarmer Posts: 3 New Baller
    I have a 2010 with an Ilmore engine.
    At long lengths and slower speeds the wake can be a bit big.
    The 2014 onwards Pro Star are much better at any speed or length.
    slow