Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

David Akers talks waterskiing....

Some exposure for the sport....
MISkierghutchjgills88LuzzEljaybeeOldkierKimbymonBill22LanceHCookthagerWishMickeyThompsonBMG73aupatkingDaveDBoatmanrobmollysilverlakeswaterkdSkoot1123PatMMateo_VargasPSMswc5150JackQskistromBruce_Butterfield

Comments

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,127 Mega Baller
    I don’t have any social media accounts (other than this one). Someone send him some encouragement and suggestions - such as explaining the Slalom course and relating the physical demands and physics to other sports. Plus, a discussion of overall fitness as a benefit (and a requirement) of the sport would be cool.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    ClydesdaleDAKERS
  • ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 171 Baller
    Maybe Marcus, Matteo, or John would consider a collaboration?
    LuzzMISkierDAKERS
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 462 Solid Baller
    Well that’s just plain fun. Look forward to whatever is next!
    Assume someone will post a link sometime.
    DAKERS
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 561 Crazy Baller
    Would be great to see Marcus do one of his trailer interviews, then go out and see him ski & get some coaching. As a pro athlete, I'll bet he will progress quickly with some proper coaching.
    MISkier
  • raynrayn Posts: 409 Solid Baller
    @Rednucleus /sarcasm font on/. He is a kicker so by definition not an athlete :).
    Ray Newmark -
    RednucleusDaveD
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,620 Mega Baller
    He posts ski vids on IG quite a bit. Parrish got him a sweet Goode w Eagles graphics before he went to HO.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
  • DAKERSDAKERS Posts: 5 Baller
    @Rednucleus HMM non athlete?!? Good Talk Russ...
    MISkierghutch
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,145 Mega Baller
    Using that line of thought one could argue skiers are non-athletes also.....
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,877 Mega Baller
    Welcome @DAKERS! Great to have you part of the addiction and now the forum.

You've blamed the wrong person for the comment, but seeing as the actual perpetrator is my friend and neighbor, I can safely say he was not being serious.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    RednucleusDAKERSrayn
  • MinelickskierMinelickskier Posts: 39 Baller
    Looking forward to this! Please post these podcasts here! Kick it!
    DAKERS
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,092 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    @DAKERS please head up to Minnesota and sign. @Dbailey is struggling and there are 10,000 lake to ski on
    Shut up and ski
    DAKERSthagerrobmollysilverlake
  • PatMPatM Posts: 788 Crazy Baller
    Love that you are mixing two of my favorites. But please keep any talk about the 49ers to a minimum. Go Rams
    DAKERSRichardDoane
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,127 Mega Baller
    I don't know if it is still the case, but I seem to recall that the highest scoring player on the Lions was the kicker. And, yes, I am aware of what that says about the Lions.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    DAKERSDaveD
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 561 Crazy Baller
    @DAKERS my all time favorite NFL player is George Blanda. Great kicker, then always brought in at the end of the game to pull off a QB miracle. I like kickers!!
    DAKERS
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,388 Mega Baller
    edited December 2020
    Yeah Birds! Eggals as they say were my wife and I grew up in south Jersey. @DAKERS my dad played for a semi pro team, Sun Oil in Philly way way back. He was OG and DT. His teammate Chuck Bednarik was OC and DNG. Dad always said “glad he was on my team” :)
    DAKERS
  • We simply need more of this type of exposures thanks David Akers
    MickeyThompson
  • MarcusBrownMarcusBrown Posts: 205 Open or Level 9 Skier
    This is awesome!
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 951 Mega Baller
    edited December 2020
    You got to respect anyone that can survive the fans in Philadelphia.
  • ntxntx Posts: 837 Crazy Baller
    @DAKERS A few years ago, when the nfl draft was in Dallas. You came into town to do a little trash talking. The next day, you got invited out to our lake to ski. One of our die hard cowboys fan neighbor was not too happy about it when he found out after the fact. He did get over it eventually.