Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slalom binding that doesn't require soap? (not hard shell)

Looks like I need to buy a new front binding soon. I've got some wakeboard bindings I like that I don't use soap with, anybody have slalom bindings they don't use soap with? (No, I am not interested in going to hard shell right now)

Comments

• SethroSethro Posts: 325 Crazy Baller
    Radar Vapor requires no soap. I’ve been using them since 2012 and absolutely love them. I always wait for a closeout deal on a year or two old yet still unused binding....usually less than half price. Moved my way up to a 2018 for next year.
    ObrienslalomReallyGottaSkiJoeprunc
  • igkyaigkya Posts: 738 Crazy Baller
    Second the Radar vapor, now the Carbitex binding, is great and you don’t need soap.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,159 Mega Baller
    edited December 2020
    I use soap on my carbitex.... why you ask.,
    Extends the life of the liner at the entry point. I use just a little where my heal slides down the rear of the boot..since I started doing this I have used the same liner on 3 different rader boots.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

ZmanALPJr
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,620 Mega Baller
    Vapors here too. I upgraded from 2016s to 2020s this year but transfered the liners from my old ones to the new. They just fit better. 😁
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 1,068 Mega Baller
    None of the lace up or boa soft boots should need any soap.
  • jpattigrjpattigr Posts: 246 Crazy Baller
    On the Radar Boots, Don't wet the boots, Dry Feet and Dry boots and the slide in so easy! I am a size 13 and boots are always tight, the dry method was shocking!
    Dacon62igkyaJoeprunc
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,732 Mega Baller
    What @Jody_Seal said on soap.
    Not needed, but significantly extends the life of the liners. Just finished year 3 on same liners with at least 175 sets each year.
  • alancalanc Posts: 14 New Baller
    i got radar vectors feet go in okay dry but need soap when wet for sure
    Jody_Seal
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,547 Mega Baller
    There are also a few options from brands like FM which have a liner that comes out of a "hardshell" I'd call them hybrids like the FM Evo series.
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 809 Crazy Baller
    +1 on the Radar Vapors. Leave the old school soap by the sink where it belongs and move out of the dark ages.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 939 Crazy Baller
    You can also use the thin dress sock trick. I recommend using this definitely when trying them on at the pro shop. I don’t use any of these methods but I will try putting them on dry next time. Also, always have the liner in the boot before putting your foot in.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,044 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Carbitex, best binding ever made. My only complaint is that they don’t size them for the lady’s. Would love to get @Mrs_MS one for Xmas
    Shut up and ski
    schafer
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 581 Crazy Baller
    edited December 2020
    D3 tFactors are amazing. dual front laces are EZ in and out. I still use lube (Babes) for super easy in as my size is right on the line of med vs large and I went with med. Tfactors are best rubber bindings out there IMO. Also these things last. Mine are at least 4 years old and are like new .
    DaveD
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 372 Crazy Baller
    +1 for the Radar Carbitex
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 628 Solid Baller
    edited December 2020
    My hymn to soap :)
    I like soap, even with laced bindings. My current front - T-Factor, rear - Vector.
    I generously pour soap into both :smile:
    Why not to use it - soap make things easier & cleaner.
    I have so much stuff in my ski bag so small bottle of soap does not change anything.
    Soap is the easiest thing to get - if i forgot it, I can easily steal it from my kitchen!
    Unregistered
    eyepeeleralanc
  • ReallyGottaSkiReallyGottaSki Posts: 218 Baller
    edited December 2020
    Radar Vector here

Soap or slime was never really effective on that material ..
    however ..

I fashioned a flexible, polyethylene shoehorn, out of a 1/2 gal milk jug, with a utility knife, softened the cut edges with sandpaper.
    the jug handle makes a convenient finger loop, the side of the jug is already molded perfectly. round the corners

a sprits of very dilute soap or slime on the material and then foot slides in slick with no stress to binding, no pulling, tugging, nor cursing.
    S1Pitts
  • S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 261 Solid Baller
    I have been using a very long handled shoe horn for 10 plus yrs to get into the non rubber type bindings. I am sure the fish appreciate me getting rid of the soap.
    ReallyGottaSkiALPJr
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 581 Crazy Baller
    Related- Babes Boot Butter is made from kelp. Bio friendly and cant hurt your binding. I don’t like soap as it doesn’t dissipate fast enough once wet, and my foot is slippery moving in the binding . Babes is more slippery than soap, very inexpensive , and dissipates immediately . I won’t use anything else.
    S1PittsReallyGottaSki
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,207 Mega Baller
    The FreeleaseTM system requires no soap and even my ski is biodegradable.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    MDB1056H2OkieNCOTF