Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Dock Fenders

Robbo5252Robbo5252 Posts: 37 Baller
We are in the process of putting in some new poles and fender setup for our boat to sit against.
We are on a public river with wake boats so it does get knocked around a bit. Our current jetty has poles underneath so looking to put in 4-5 new poles and then brace it back to the jetty and run horizontal timber's along the front. Then thinking upright timers on that for fenders to attach as water level changes.

Interested to know what dock fenders people are using. Preferably something available in Aus or via Amazon Prime.

Hoping not to use the inflatable once we have the new setup

Cheers

Robbo

Comments

• DavidNDavidN Posts: 498 Crazy Baller
    Dock Whips / Mooring Whips would be my suggestion.
    They keep the boat completely away from the dock.
    No rubbing, no bumping... ;)

skialexraynLakeboyWWKeyepeeler
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,555 Mega Baller
    Vertical black ABS pipe you want vertical elements below the low water level of the rub rail on your lowest boat and above the highest high water mark at your tallest rub rail. Black won't mark up your rub rail insert and you can tie off with just one line off the pylon and it won't go anywhere - the dock whips are great if it has to stay there longer but when you aren't "tied up" you risk banging into the dock if people aren't paying attention.

All the modern boats have raised lettering on the sides so anything horizontal below the rub rail is going to knock off the lettering
  • GaryJanzigGaryJanzig Posts: 94 Baller
    Mooring whips are the way to go if you have to leave it in all day. Get a lift if you can if it will be practical in your area.
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 372 Crazy Baller
    Lift is best, whips are second best
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,188 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    edited January 7
    We use inflatable sausage, if you can get somebody to make you one, 16 -18 inches in diameter and as long as you want, sorry I do not have a photo, talk to bouncy castle people, they might make you one.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• Robbo5252Robbo5252 Posts: 37 Baller
    Lift not an option cost wise. We have an undercover park out the back and its easy enough to put in.
    Will look at the Whips again but thinking we will still need fenders on the post for as we park.
    With the large Sausage ones, I had looked at https://www.bigbumperaustralia.com.au/
    but wasn't sure if we could leave it there all the time or have to take it out when not there, which we would then need to store.
    Cheers
    Robbo
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 627 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I first saw these at Okeheelee and quickly found a source and bought some. Since then I have placed a ton of them on my main dock, gas dock, and jump starting dock. They are the best I have ever seen. The key is to ensure they are long enough to be lower and higher than the absolute maximum the the rub rail could go from the massive wake barge wakes. Link As has already been mentioned I would stay away from anything horizontal as those will rub on your gel coat and pop off graphics. There is nothing wrong with mooring whips as well, but I would also have these on the dock for those times when a monster wake comes in before you can get the boat away from the dock and hooked up.
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 1,052 Mega Baller
    edited January 8
    I second what @skiinxs says i have used those on a couple docks! first time at Okeheelee i saw those and they are bulletproof! You def dont want anything rubbing on the gelcoat!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
  • LOTWLOTW Posts: 216 Baller
    So....where did you get them? Is there a Canadian distributor?
  • perfskiperfski Posts: 125 Water Ski Industry Professional
    edited January 10

Mission makes inflatables that go down most of the length of the boat. We brought these in this year: https://www.perfski.com/mission-titan-boat-tie-up-fender-10.html
    Also carry their other styles.