This is a bit of a shameless plug - but we want to get the word out - everyone can ski (and learn to ski) on a private course - without a membership!
Forest Lake (South Haven, Michigan) was finished in 2015 and we are ready to open to the public in 2021! We are taking, what seems to be, a unique approach to "memberships". We want skiing to be accessible to everyone- not just those that can afford a private lake (course permitting is getting to be near impossible) or people who are lucky enough to snag a membership on a ski lake (where membership numbers understandably need to be limited). So, what we have done is put together a per set ski set rates that would be comparable to having a membership on a lake. The set rates below are for slalom or trick - we can provide jump sets too!
This strategy is beneficial for both the skiers and us, allowing:
• Flexibility in scheduling. We provide a boat and driver, so no need to coordinate with other members to get a few pulls in. (We can typically facilitate day-of scheduling). (We will consider visiting certified drivers to drive, but generally we do not allow guests to drive)
• By personally managing pulls, we can better utilize all-day lake use – allowing more skiers access to the lake.
• Pay as you play. There is no need to pay for an annual membership to be later limited to its use through scheduling conflicts or changes to personal priorities.
• No membership responsibilities. Come to ski and/or stay overnight. Make Forest Lake your ski destination. There are no membership obligations like grounds or lake maintenance, etc.
• Generous sets. 1 set = 8 passes
• The boat is covered. Never worry about a boat, boat maintenance, or gas – we've got all that covered and will always utilize the latest technology. (sorry, no outside boats)
• Using a Forest Lake boat saves time and money getting a boat into the water. Our water is very clean, and we are committed to keeping out all invasive species that can hitchhike on boats and water toys. (sorry, no outside boats)
• Ski a certified course. We generally host a class L tournament once a year. Our slalom and jump courses are certified and always well maintained.
• On-site coaching. We have some of the highest-rated skiers, judges, drivers, and safeties not only in Michigan but in the world, skiing at Forest Lake several times a week. With the appropriate planning, we can facilitate coaching sessions and/or driving lessons.
• On-site lodging. Discounts for boat and lake use with on-site lodging. We have overnight accommodations that allow skiers and coaches (if you bring your own) to schedule private lake time for days long ski workshops. When the entire property is yours to use, we can be more generous with discounts. (https://myforestlake.guestybookings.com)
• Bring the whole family. Forest Lake is family-friendly. 2021 brings an expansive trail system throughout the 120 acres of the property for nature walks or mountain biking. The property also borders the Van Buren State Trail giving you groomed, non-motorized access to South Haven or right to Lake Michigan's beaches. Non-ski-set water options are available for those wanting to learn to ski or go tubing. We also have a small playground, beach volleyball court, sand toys, kayaks, rafts, children's life vests, beach towels, and other fun in the sun toys for your use.
We also have a trusted partnership with Action Water Sports and WakeHouse - so if you would like to demo new equipment, we can help facilitate this.
You show up – let us do the rest!
website link: https://www.myforestlake.com/