Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski storage ideas?

DyscoDysco Posts: 57 Baller
Having accumulated a few skis, and having a couple that I will use interchangeably depending on the conditions or my mood, I was thinking about wall or ceiling storage ideas that allows them to be out of the way. Easy to access AND/OR possibly a method of display in the garage or shed other than on a shelf for example, or maybe even your home. If you've got something or made something ingenious and beautiful, or very simple and effective, share a pic.

Comments

• Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,052 Mega Baller

I just finished this. I used ladder hooks that are screwed into the studs in my wall. Have some additional hooks on the bottom for a wakeboard.
    DyscoTX_TumbleweeddbaconazLK_skier
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,128 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Ah, what’s up with the wakeboards?
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,626 Mega Baller
    Rocker Rack

matthewDysco
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,249 Mega Baller

Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,052 Mega Baller
    @lpskier - kids and wakeboards. I will wakeskate because you aren’t attached to the board.

I also see some surfboards....

Will be great to see more ideas. Anyone have something on their boat dock?
  • DyscoDysco Posts: 57 Baller
    Some good pics and ideas there. Keep 'em coming. Liking that rocker rack for practicality.
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,626 Mega Baller
    edited January 21
    @Dysco the Rocker Rack holds anything too, Slalom and Trick. I didn’t have a set of Jumpers to try. Notice the pic where I stuck a kneeboard in there. Held it, no issue, so I’m sure wakeboards, skates, and surfers would all fit too.
    Peter, the guy that builds them is a great guy. He worked with me over multiple iterations of lengths and widths to get them just right for water skis.
    Oh yeah, you can mount them on a piling/pole for easy storage and space savings. I’ll post a pic. I’m just getting my boathouse built, so all my pics are from the garage
    Dysco
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 609 Crazy Baller
    Super simple and versatile. 2X2 and dowels and button caps. Can make as tall as needed or if you have a long wall do several side by side. Easy. Wife insisted on painting them the same as the laundry room cabinets. The button caps on the end of the dowels help with keeping hangars from sliding off the ends of the dowels when weighted with multiple hangars. Can install inside or boat house or garage - super easy. Under $15

aupatkingDavidNDysco
  • cougfancougfan Posts: 330 Crazy Baller
    Here is what I use in my boat garage. 1/2” pvc pipe holds the skis and wakeboards. I put up 2 dowels for hanging vests wetsuits and gloves and have a fan pointed in there direction to help dry them. Also mounted a pulley system in the ceiling to hold the tower when not on the boat which is 99% of the time. Also a couple of pvc pipes to hang up the ropes

Skoot1123ALPJrDysco
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 1,066 Mega Baller

Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
    DyscoSkoot1123
  • PullhardPullhard Posts: 49 Baller
    Built a wood rack to keep them upright.
    cougfanDyscoCooper_Trelawney503Kento
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 609 Crazy Baller
    @Pullhard - that’s a lot of skis!
  • PullhardPullhard Posts: 49 Baller
    That's only the vintage section :)
    MDB1056
    @Pullhard your pic reminds me of what it looks like at Wiley’s 👍
  • mfjaegersrmfjaegersr Posts: 228 Crazy Baller
    Entry in the ‘Simple Elegance’ category - J hooks for gym wall art.

( @cougfan - as if the food, drinks and brotherhood weren’t enough to make a guy beg for an invite...you’ve got a Carbon V in your archive? 😮PS: Huskies suck. 😉)
    DyscoRednucleuscougfan
    @mfjaegersr nice to see some indoor ideas too. It's a long off season in WI. Displays can keep the monotony away.
    mfjaegersr
    @mfjaegersr no begging necessary you are always welcome to join the Wednesday night crew! Bring your appetite for food and fun😁
    mfjaegersr
  • SlalomSteveSlalomSteve Posts: 86 Baller
    edited January 27
    I am happy to "hold onto" anyone's hi-end spare skis during the summer - my "storage locker" fits 66" size just about right. ;)
    BobF
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,200 Mega Baller
    Looks messy, but there are 43 slalom and one trick skis and I’m running out of space now....

Skoot1123
    @skialex can u say “ski hoarder”? 😂🤣😉
    MDB1056Skoot1123
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,200 Mega Baller
    @cougfan it seems like it but most of them belong to fellow skiers that leave their old skis to me to sell them. Who ever wants a used ski asks me first... like a very localized sia.
    I do however have a collection of skis, some rare and some that meant something to me.
    Such as a wooden reflex, a carbon works, a Warp and some more...
    cougfan
    @skialex , yeah, that's a real shite hole! 😆 1st world problems eh? Very nice set up and organizing!
    My only suggestion might be to make a couple hanging holsters for your drills/impact at your charging area. That would free up shelf space above. I used a couple of pieces of 4" pvc and they work great. Oh, and magnetic tool holders strips are really sweet for hand tools if you have any interest.

skialexcougfan
  • mfjaegersrmfjaegersr Posts: 228 Crazy Baller
    @Dysco Since it’s your thread, and you went there...😉

Wall mounted battery chargers; and you could adapt these custom bars to wall mount tools as well. They leverage the tool’s belt hook. Don’t forget 3D printed battery holders - sweet. (Amazon finds!)

cougfanaupatking