Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nautique 200 Hydrogate Operation

ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 171 Baller
I recently purchased a used 2019 Nautique 200. I was playing with it today (on the trailer) and tried changing the hydrogate setting. No visible response at the hydrogate regardless of setting. First question, is there some trick to making it move, or... does it have an interlock that only allows it to move when the boat is in motion? And, if it is broken, will this affect the slalom wake at all, or just trick? Thank you!

Comments

• DavidNDavidN Posts: 499 Crazy Baller
    Don’t know about the newer Nautiques, I assume it is operated by some kind of an actuator. Will probably need at least the ignition to be turned on, if not engine running as well.
    On the “original” 200’s the Hydrogate is operated by a lever attached to a simple cable. No electronics whatsoever.

Here’s a thread with pictures explaining the Hydrogate:
    https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/24185/hydrogate-vertical-adjustment-s-n-200
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,254 Mega Baller
    On the 2019 Nautique 200, as well as the 2019 and new Ski Nautiques, the hydrogate only deploys into the slalom position (down) when the boat is in montion.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 171 Baller
    Thanks to both. @Kelvin so does it sense when the boat is put in gear? Had it running on the trailer but sounds like that won’t do it. Guess I’ll have to wait until it’s in the water.
    Looks like mine is in trick mode while trailered. Is this right?
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,548 Mega Baller
    @Clydesdale
    C'mon man! New to you 2019 200 and all we get is gate picture?
    Sorry @Andre . Forgot my manners. 😊. Interior is all white...
    AndreKRoundy
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,548 Mega Baller
    Niiiiiice! 5.3 and open bow?
    Nice classic color!
    @Andre 6.0 open bow.... thanks. Love it.
    Andre
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,254 Mega Baller
    Not sure what actually triggers the hydrogate. Sorry. Yes, it's in trick/jump mode on the trailer.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    Clydesdale
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 942 Crazy Baller
    @Clydesdale what year Nautique is that? Only the Nautique Club 200 and the new Ski Nautique have the auto Hydro Gate. Don’t you have a lever near the throttle to move the Hydro Gate? If you’re moving the lever and nothing is moving something is broke.
    @skierjp its a 2019 nautique 200 with the auto hydro gate. Not sure if it was standard or an option. Don’t let the “ski nautique” emblem throw you off. Originally was just “nautique” similar to all the new 200s. When that was damaged the previous owner had them replaced with the ski nautique badges.
    rockdog
  • DWDW Posts: 2,297 Mega Baller
    @Clydesdale - congrats on your new toy. What is the tray / box that appears to be attached to the bottom of the platform?
    @DW it covers the handhold on the top of the platform. I suspect it’s to block the spray coming up from the hydrogate that some have complained of.
    DW
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 846 Crazy Baller
    The micro tuners on the new Nautique's are GPS triggered and deploy only when the boat is going more than 5 mph (or so I was told). I would suspect the same is used to trigger the hydrogate.
    @jjackkrash that makes sense-thanks! Don’t know why it would need to be that complicated. But at least I understand...
    @Clydesdale I sent you a PM
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 788 Mega Baller
    The dreaded Hydogate transom spray. Why does that bug me so much??

@Clydesdale you might want to put a cotter pin on that prop shaft just in case!
    MISkierClydesdaleMzimmer75
    @RAWSki that is because the platform is to far from the transom. You can Re drill the platform or find a thick gasket to attach to the platform.
    MJ1
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 788 Mega Baller
    I was hoping the new 200 we pick up next month would have been fixed at the factory. Otherwise I will be installing a gasket. I guess that's what you get when you "only pay" $70k
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 698 Crazy Baller
    @RAWSki Is that one for Whitestone?
  • Mzimmer75Mzimmer75 Posts: 10
    The dang transom spray. Poor execution, Nautique.
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 492 Crazy Baller
    NICE BOAT! What is that black plastic box attached to the underside of your platform?
    @KRoundy it is the bottom side of the hand hold / storage area on the top side of the platform. Works great, same as on the Ski Nautique.
    @Mzimmer75 . The fix is move the platform forward or go to Lowe’s and get a piece of weatherstripping and attach it to the platform between the hull brackets.
  • wski1831wski1831 Posts: 152 Baller
    @Clydesdale I have no idea what I am talking about, but I looks like your hydrogate is adjusted up all the way. That would give it the least amount of effect in slalom. Might try to adjust it lower?
    skierjp
    @wski1831 the Hydrogate is in trick mode.
  • wski1831wski1831 Posts: 152 Baller
    @skierjp Gotcha that's the range not adjustment.
  • LukeBLukeB Posts: 3 New Baller
    Definitely in trick mode. On my 2012 the vertical plate tabs broke off and would not deploy the plate down in slalom mode. In slalom mode the rectangular box should be up and the vertical plate behind should be down causing more drag on the hull.