Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Utah Skiing Opportunities

skigal_15skigal_15 Posts: 1 New Baller
Hi, my name is Jean, and I am originally from MI. I am currently living in Ogden, UT for a year-long work rotation. I’m a former collegiate skier, and passionate 3-eventer. I was a member of a private club in MI last summer, and I am a more than capable driver. I am new to the area, and although I’m familiar with the snow skiing here, I am completely clueless regarding the UT waterski scene. I’d love to find a club, or someone willing to let me join them. Happy to pay via cash, gas, or even beer :) preferred ski times would likely be after 4pm on weekdays. If anyone needs a ski partner, or has any recommendations, I’d love to chat!

Jean
[email protected]
BroussardMISkier

Comments

• BroussardBroussard Posts: 513 Crazy Baller
  • DSPDSP Posts: 67 Baller
    You have a lot of options. More if you drive well. Beer may or may not be a limiting factor depending on who you’re chatting up. Calls Fort, Bear Hollow, Pioneer, Goode Ski Lake perhaps, Still Water, SunTen. Happy to help you figure out what may work. It doesn’t seem to matter where we go in the world. Waterski folks are fantastic. Check out Utah tournaments in USAWatetski.org for names of people at different locations or send me a message
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,127 Mega Baller
    edited January 27
    I can confirm that @skigal_15 is an excellent driver. She drove for me and a bunch of club members all summer. Right down the middle, keeps the line tight, handles the boat confidently and safely on the ends. Have video from the boat, if needed.

Besides that, she was a great ski partner. She can ski well, is reliable, and a conscientious club member. We were bummed to see her leave.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    DaveD
  • Rpc29Rpc29 Posts: 222 Crazy Baller
    @DSP pretty much nailed all of the private options. You may want to checkout the Utah Waterski Club Facebook page as well, lots of members on that page who ski at some of the public reservoirs around Utah.
    Ryan Christopher
  • Timr71Timr71 Posts: 51 Baller
    Hopefully you're getting some snow skiing done at Snowbasin. That's one of my favorite mountains. Are they having a decent snow year? I know snow has been scarce across the west this year.