Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Wide Ride Returns with New Carbon Core

ROBOTROBOT Posts: 337 Administrator
edited February 8 in News & Other Stuff

Ask any GOODE employee and they’ll tell you there is one question they hear most from customers: “When are you going to bring back the Wide Ride?”

They don’t have to hear that anymore now that GOODE has re-engineered and relaunched one of water skiing’s most groundbreaking ski models by adding it to the Carbon Core series.

Based on the shape of the world-record holding XTRcc, the Wide Ride Carbon Core is engineered for the slalom skier who is looking for a higher-riding ski, whether it’s because they want to maintain speed through the turns at 36 or 34 mph, or get more support and stability at 32 mph or lower.

Like the XTRcc, the Wide Ride Carbon Core features a softer flex that makes turns quick, symmetrical and automatic, which when combined with a carbon core that rebounds more quickly out of the turn, leads to faster side-to-side speed and more space before the next buoy.

One skier who is liking what he sees in the new Wide Ride Carbon Core is Steve Raphael, a nine-time national champion and current Mens 8 U.S. National record holder.

“I just got back from Florida and I’m up between four and six buoys from last year with this ski,” said Raphael. “The carbon core is a step up for this ski for sure and I’m really looking forward to tournament season. It’s by far the best slalom ski I’ve ever ridden.”

Carbon Core series benefits include:

• Improved performance: Greater rebound, more stability at the ball and dramatically increased durability.
  • A thinner profile: The carbon core’s increased strength allows for a thinner side profile, offering skiers a more connected-to-the-water feeling.
  • Softer flex patterns: The carbon core led to the holy grail of ski design – soft flex patterns that produce indestructible, symmetrical turns, with quick rebound out of the turn that generates amplified side-to-side speed.
  • Larger, rounder bevels: Working in concert with the thinner profile, refined bevels provide a more stable, predictable ride, resulting in more buoys even when things don’t go as planned (read: better scrambling ability).
  • Additional features:

Factory installed brass inserts

• Precision finbox
  • Five-year warranty
  • PowerShell and G-Flex ready
  • Handmade in Ogden, Utah, U.S.A

The Wide Ride Carbon Core is available in two sizes: 64 inches (skier weight of 125 to 180 lbs.) and 66 inches (180 lbs. and up).

Click here to learn more or buy today. 
01100010 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101111 01100110 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100001 01111001
MISkier

Comments

• Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,193 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    $500 more than other Top Of The Range Skis ?

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• BroussardBroussard Posts: 513 Crazy Baller
    @Stevie Boy It's a GOODE...
    Andre Broussard | SkiBama Team Captain | SkiBennetts |
    @Broussard, Am I supposed to be impressed, I pay for the Product not the Name.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

edited February 8
    @Stevie Boy All GOODE skis are $2,500. This ski is wider and uses more material. Why would it be any cheaper?
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,168 Mega Baller
    Market will determine if the price is right... while they had the $500 discount, I’ve heard that Goodes where selling like crazy. If they need to they could bring back the offer.
    But what if this is the ski for you?
    Warp was selling for €3000...
    Broussard
    edited February 8
    @skialex Agreed. The Wide Ride cc is a niche ski and I'm sure they will sell to members of the target market.
    skialex
    edited February 8
    @Broussard , Sorry the more material argument doesn't cut it, the ski is shorter, other ski manufacturers manage to produce Top Quality Skis and some of them are wider than your regular ski, I was very interested, but it,s a Deal Breaker for me, hard to Demo as well, the last Demo I done with Goode, they made it really difficult for me to return the ski, that was a Mid Ride.
    Are you telling me that ski manufacturers are going to start pricing their ski according to length, because of material ?
    Not sure of material cost, to produce a ski, I suspect nowhere near $2500, however I do understand R&D, But not in this case, unless it's a new mould.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• thagerthager Posts: 5,146 Mega Baller
    Hmmm...I thought the Radar Senate Pro might be a high end wide ride ski. Guess I was wrong!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Broussardballsohard
    @thager I wasn't aware that Radar was building Senates with PMI cores these days.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,238 Administrator
    @Broussard way way off topic but Senate Pro is PMI

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

• kurtis500kurtis500 Posts: 92 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Arent these prepregged instead of liquid molded?
    andyr
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,238 Administrator
    yes

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

• kurtis500kurtis500 Posts: 92 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited February 8
    If their prepregged then likely they spend more time in the mold....time is $$$

Deanoski
  • hogexpresshogexpress Posts: 109 Baller
    I'm a big XTR fan and I've read the Goode narrative. Thoughts on the idea of this actually being a 34mph shortline ski?
    Keith Sims - South Carolina
  • LeffyLeffy Posts: 1
    Cost is what it is. I shop a new stick every 2 years - seems I love HO, Mapple, and Goode. My kids like Radar and D3. Rona deal did help last spring to buy my XTR. Love it... and all the others. My decision starts with access to demo, pro support/set up/lessons at ski school, and local skier success
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,314 Mega Baller
    Whether you spend 2500 or 1800 on a new top end ski, does it really matter if you set a PB. I bet you'd write that check today. The demo program is pretty hard to argue with...see what the hype is all about for free? Can't beat that.
    The wide ride is more than a niche ski.