Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moomba Anyone?

Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,173 Mega Baller
So far not a lot of information with the 2021 Moomba Masters! Down to a four day run from the usual six. Have not seen a list of competitors yet. Would suspect the international entries will be very low.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 30,238 Administrator
    edited February 7
    It is going to be almost all Austrains Australians. Sad as this may be it will be fun to see a Joel vs Nick battle.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

• GloersenGloersen Posts: 1,076 Mega Baller
    Unfortunate too that it appears none of Moomba's victors, (slalom at least) will qualify for Callaway (in this altered criterion year), given the seemingly insurmountable threshold(s).
    2021 CRITERIA:
    2. Champions of the 2021 Moomba Masters Water Ski Tournament held in Melbourne, Australia provided said champion meets or exceeds below benchmark scores:
    Open Men’s Slalom: 5 @ 10.25 meters
    Open Women’s Slalom: 4.50 @ 10.75 meters
    Open Men’s Tricks: 11,400 points
    Open Women’s Tricks: 9,500 points
    Open Men’s Jump: 68.90 meters
    Open Women’s Jump: 52.80 meters
    3. The top three (3) finishers with the single highest score of multi-round Qualifying Event #1 in Open Men and Women’s slalom, trick and jump held May 7-9, 2021 at Pickos’ Ski School in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.
    4. The top three (3) finishers with the single highest score of multi-round Qualifying Event #2 in Open Men and Women’s slalom, trick and jump held May 14-16, 2021 at Isle of Lake Hancock, Drew Ross Ski Academy, in Orlando, Florida.
    5. The top two (2) finishers with the single highest score of multi-round Qualifying Event #3 held May 21-23, 2021 at Jack Travers’ International Tournament Skiing in Groveland, Florida, provided no skiers qualified at the 2021 Moomba Masters. Should an individual event discipline have a position filled from the 2021 Moomba Masters, then that event discipline would only have 1 position available at the third and final qualifying event.

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,080 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Ich denke, es ist ein gutes Jahr, ein österreichischer Wasserskifahrer zu sein!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    dchristmanBigGerald3
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,212 Mega Baller
    Ganz klar!
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • pregompregom Posts: 311 Baller
    edited February 7
    Translation: I think this is a good year to be an Austrian skier. Not sure if he is playing with the confusion some people have between Austrians and Australians, but my bet is that he is... :smile:
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 1,076 Mega Baller
    edited February 7
    uforbederlig
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,080 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Note post second from top.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,238 Administrator
    edited February 7
    working on my phone 🤷

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

• @Horton this came to mind when reading your original post😜
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 643 Crazy Baller
    5 @ 10.25? Gee course record is 3.

Also mandatory 2 week hotel quarantine for any international arrivals here.
    JordanOz
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,254 Mega Baller
    Spoke to a pro based in the US this weekend. Unfortunately, with the quarantine requirements in OZ and the uncertainties, it just doesn't make sense to go to Moomba this year.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • mike_mapplemike_mapple Posts: 158 Water Ski Industry Professional
    I think the Mandatory 14 day Hotel Quarantine will stop all the US skiers, not enough money made to spend all that time over there, plus flights are not the cheapest last time I checked. Which is a shame, as it is one of my favorite events.
    Perfski.com
    407-859-7544
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

If you have a blister, pop it, pour some lemon juice on it, and then add salt. -Andy Mapple
    HortonJody_Seal
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,173 Mega Baller
    @mike_mapple mine too .

Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

MattP
  • LK_skierLK_skier Posts: 57 Baller
    Cancelled. Hopefully next year is back on and supported