Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to specify bulk rope that is equal to the official approved slalom rope ?

swbcaswbca Posts: 120 Baller
edited February 17 in Mostly Slalom
I need 2000 feet of the poly rope type used in approved slalom ropes. I found bulk "POLY-E" is that the stuff ? I'm not using it for ski ropes, but "official" rope has the strength, stretch and low abrasion properties that I need.

Comments

• skialexskialex Posts: 1,164 Crazy Baller
    Masterline I believe would sell you bulk rope, top quality, no Chinese alibaba crap.
    Or lake Elmo’s, haven’t tried it yet but looks really good...
    swbca
    Also check sledge dog race stores... they use the same or similar and it might be what you are looking for. Their ropes are treated for wet and extremely cold conditions, like the Iditarod run.
    swbca
  • swbcaswbca Posts: 120 Baller
    edited February 17
    @skialex I talked to ELMO. Are all good ski ropes made out of Polyethelene now. Earlier in skiing history, they switched from Polyethelene to Polypropolene. So for example, are MasterLine ropes now Polyethene ?
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 788 Crazy Baller
    @swbca call Masterline and talk with Randy or Bob. They will give you the truth. You do not want Polly E. That is a limited stretch to non stretch rope.
    swbcaskialex
    edited February 17
    @swbca i would also talk to Masterline as dave2ball Suggested, I mostly have experience with masterline rope and it’s excellent quality. Also, one time I bought dog sledge rope from a Swiss company and was really good Had good stretch in it (in a good way) and very durable but a bit heavy, so I only Used it to restring handles and not for slalom rope. I have also made some slalom ropes in the past for my use, single color sections, slide loops and knotless. Knotless is a pain in the ass...
    I now use a second gen optimized rope, best rope I’ve ever used!
    swbca
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,051 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    I have many questions but I won’t ask.
    Shut up and ski
    ScottScott
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,611 Mega Baller
    :)
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • GarnGarn Posts: 566 Crazy Baller
    You could also check with Brenda at Intow. She'd probably sell you some at a good price.
    intowonline.com/
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 536 Crazy Baller
    Making your slalom course I assume?
    @Garn I will cal Brenda at intow. Thanks
    @BrennanKMN Right. I have the course in through the ice, but getting stuff together to wind it down when we aren't using it.