Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfect Pass Issue

I have Perfect Pass system in a 2004 Prostar and the on/off button no longer works. Fortunately the system is stuck on so I can still use the boat. I am told the membrane behind the display is the problem and it is no longer available. I am looking to buy a new gauge or something other than the $840 upgrade to move to GPS based system. I am not finding anything on eBay. Does anyone have a gauge for sale or know of a company that would have a gauge or parts for sale?

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,569 Mega Baller
    edited February 22
    The hack is to disassemble the gauge and replace the failed push button with a momentary switch. You just have to run 2 wires and drill a small hole through the on/off button. Looks cheesy but works perfectly fine if you want to fix this for a few bucks and an afternoon. Hardest part is taking the dash apart.

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/showthread.php?t=67228&t=67228 not my hack but a way to get along till you upgrade to stargazer.
    skialexAndrechrislandy
  • DonTDonT Posts: 65 Baller
    I'm assuming you're talking the single line digital pro, I have a 5" display that I took out last year when I went to Stargazer. It says Malibu on the faceplate....if interested DM me.
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,168 Mega Baller
    Once I had to disassemble a PP gauge, because the digital display had fallen inside and couldn’t see the readings. I cut the metal ring with a dremel cutting disk. Put everything back in place and glued the ring back. I don’t know if there is an easier way to get to the inside of the gauge, but it worked and couldn’t tell that it had been opened.
    Skoot1123
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,569 Mega Baller
    edited February 22
    On ebay right now - someone got a little stir crazy with the momentary switches.

I think if I were doing another one today what I'd probably do is take off the ribbon cable and wire all of them out to separate buttons on the dash. You could then make a disc to cover the gauge other than the display out of aluminum or plastic stick it all back together and have four separate push buttons on a plate anywhere on you dash or probably in my boat above the throttle where it was easy to reach with throttle hand.

• OldkierOldkier Posts: 44 Baller
    Check ski-it-again.com speed control section
  • DWDW Posts: 2,297 Mega Baller
    Great Lakes Skipper carries some Perfect Pass parts, good luck.
  • Fastguy888Fastguy888 Posts: 40 Baller
    I recently scored a brand new Single Line Perfect Pass v6.4 on eBay after my buttons were bad too (bought the boat with bad buttons). Check frequently and use creative searches for those listing them that may not know what they have. My new display was plug and play and it now works perfect. I can't say that v6.4 is easy to calibrate or navigate even after finding and studying a manual. A lot of information and menu's to navigate vs new 2 line displays. I was very close to pulling out 1G for the Stargazer + ZBox upgrade; however, was not sure I will own this boat long enough into my slalom development to need anything more than v6.4.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,128 Mega Baller
    Do you need single line or multi-line? I think there may be single line displays out there.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.