Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lake Ray Hubbard TX

LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 783 Mega Baller
Anyone ski out there? Im staying about 15 minutes away. Looks really open.
bdougherty

Comments

• pugspugs Posts: 19 Baller
    Never skied there, but I understand it is frequented by redneck mothers. I'll apolgize in advance for my insane musical reference.
    Frank Smith - Champions Lake - Clermont, FL
    Cooper_Trelawneyskigirlbigtex2011Hockdog
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,473 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited February 22
    That's where I'm planning on skiing once we settle in Mclendon Chisholm at first, so hopefully it's ok.
    Scott Calderwood
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 783 Mega Baller
    It looks big and wide open crossing into Royse City
  • bigtex2011bigtex2011 Posts: 558 Crazy Baller
    theres an old ski site in greenville and one in kaufman as well. but i dont think ray hubbard has anything
  • dbutcherdbutcher Posts: 457 Crazy Baller
    I'm not sure about Lake Ray Hubbard, but some public lakes in North Texas have zebra mussels. Check into that and learn how to protect your boat before launching. And do not go from lake to lake without properly sanitizing your boat including its cooling system to get rid of zebra mussels. I understand that sanitizing is not an easy or quick process.

I've heard that the sites in Greenville and Kaufman are not active ski sites anymore.
    @dbutcher my boat is nowhere near here. Stored at home in Northern California. Will likely never see Texas. But thanks for the info.
  • bigtex2011bigtex2011 Posts: 558 Crazy Baller
    @LoopSki I guess I'm confused. You just want to know where ski sites are, but you are leaving your boat in Calif.
  • Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 194 Baller
    I skied in a few tournaments in Greenville many years ago. Interesting site with a dog leg setup at one end. Joined the 100 ft club there. Whatever happened to it? (Sorry to hijack the thread)
    @bigtex2011 yes. I don’t think I will moving here permanently. I will probably just keep the rental house as vacation get away.
    @Cooper_Trelawney We were getting off topic. I sent you a private message.
    Cooper_Trelawney
    There may be water ski activity at Kaufman after all. I hope so, but I really don't know. It used to be a good tournament site. Like @bigtex2011 I'm not aware of any organized skiing at Lake Ray Hubbard.
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 554 Crazy Baller
    Plenty of people ski, but mainly wakeboard and wakesurf on Hubbard. Lot's of tree stumps in areas, too. With the usual south wind, everyone fights for the bridge lines for any good water (shallow and stumps there too).

@dbutcher what is the lake on the southside of I-30 between Sulphur Springs and Mt Pleasant, just past White Oak Junction?
    @unksskis I will send you a private message.
    unksskis