Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It’s March, get out and ski!

cougfancougfan Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
3/4 of the Wednesday night crew (no Ken) made our March debut yesterday. We free skied lake Goodwin with special guest Dr Stacey. Air temp mid 40’s water temp low 40’s. Water conditions varied throughout the afternoon with it being flat enough for Doug to do some long line footin to some mild chop. All in all another great day on the water skiing with friends! Went to @Rednucleus house afterwards for drinks, appetizers and dinner. Thanks Loni for the lasagna and ice cream pie. Next week another new lake adventure stay tuned

RednucleusskibrainHollieMac

Comments

• skibrainskibrain Posts: 219 Solid Baller
    @lpskier my skinny skis are skinnier than yours.... and definitely don’t carve. 😬
    lpskier
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,131 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    I’ll be out this afternoon
    Shut up and ski
    thager
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    @lpskier A free heeled! Rare these days, I’ve seen some terrific tele skiers at Alta.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,426 Mega Baller
    That was awesome @Fastguy888
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,197 Mega Baller
    @cougfan i did today.... after a 52 day off. Run 5/6 -28s, felt like I was going to die, trying to get on the platform was to much work but it was so much fun skiing again... made my day!
    RednucleuscougfanMichaelWiebe
  • tjs1295tjs1295 Posts: 88 Baller
    I'm with @skibrain. Even have the same skis. Gotta get out early though these days. Way too warm otherwise.
  • adkh2oskieradkh2oskier Posts: 179 Baller
    @skibrain Ditto. @tjs1295 not sure where you are but where I am now it's 11 degrees with a forecast high of 16. But 50 by mid week. Tons of snow so the skiing is still good and will be for a while.
    ReallyGottaSki
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 219 Solid Baller
    @adkh2oskier 👍 I’m in Minnesota. Likely another 4-5 weeks before ice out.
  • tjs1295tjs1295 Posts: 88 Baller
    @adkh2oskier I’m in northern Wisconsin. Been skiing mostly around Eagle River. Run over to Ironwood, MI every now and then. Still plenty of snow, but not always groomed the best after the thaw/freeze cycles we’ve been having.
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 591 Crazy Baller
    Windy & cold at HT this morning. Couldn't make it past 4 ball - but better than sitting on the couch! @RichardDoane the new passenger seat is very nice, but where did you hide the seat heater button?
    RichardDoane
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,577 Mega Baller
    @Rednucleus I asked Gordon if he wanted the $500 seat heater upgrade, and he laughed.
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    Kimbymon
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 591 Crazy Baller
    Should have asked the winter ski crew to make a donation!
    cougfan
  • cougfancougfan Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
    @Rednucleus maybe you should visit a motorcycle dealer and invest in some of the heated gear they sell so you can make it through the winter ski season😊😂😉 I know how you hate to be cold
  • ReallyGottaSkiReallyGottaSki Posts: 230 Baller

tjs1295pregom
  • B_SB_S Posts: 266 Crazy Baller
    Still have 8" of ice and fishing shanties.
    tjs1295ReallyGottaSki
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,197 Mega Baller

Had a great set yesterday... not behind this...
  • ski4xtcski4xtc Posts: 210 Crazy Baller
    edited March 8
    Breaking the ice to put the course in on March 5th.
    Andre
  • pregompregom Posts: 327 Baller
    The snow is starting to melt in MA, but there is still plenty for some "footing"!

tjs1295ReallyGottaSki
  • cougfancougfan Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
    @skialex are you sure that wake looks pretty awesome😉😂😊
    skialex
  • loewebloeweb Posts: 31 Baller
    edited March 8
    March 6th, outside of Omaha Nebraska. Air 66, Water 43ish. It was awesome getting back out!
    Lake was clear of ice, and just a little left in the ramp cove.
  • adkh2oskieradkh2oskier Posts: 179 Baller
    @skibrain Minnesota & @tjs1295 N Wisconsin. Probably similar temps to Adirondacks in N NY. Different tool for different skiing. Yesterday on hill and had to check out the lake. And @ReallyGottaSki , looks like the top of Wildcat?

tjs1295ReallyGottaSkijimbrake
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,403 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

BigGerald3skialexadkh2oskierReallyGottaSki
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 214 Baller
    I did ski in March...in Utah!

Second pic is the lake at my cottage. Still too solid for skiing but not too soft for ice sailing!

ReallyGottaSkitjs1295