Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HO Omega Max vs Radar Senate's

jenksskijenksski Posts: 49 Baller
Very interested to hearing people's views and feedback on the 2021 HO Omega Max.

I currently ski on 2016 Senate Graphite and would like to upgrade my ski. Skiing 30/32mph 16m.

Hard to say, but what Senate line would you compare the Omega Max too? Pro? Lithium?
Omega Max looks a great ski for a more reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 213 Solid Baller
    I’ve ridden the senate, the omega, and the Omni. Not the omega max. All great skis. I would say the senate is more like the Omni. Omega rides a little deeper and is faster at everything. Omega max looks closer to omega. Your results may vary.
    But I would also say the two brands ride VERY differently. Ski on it before deciding. HO has a great demo program. That’s how I got my hands on the omega. (Which I intend to buy if you’re looking for my preference!)
  • jenksskijenksski Posts: 49 Baller
    @Clydesdale, Thanks for the info. I agree, won't know until you demo a few.
    I'd like a stable ski which performs well. If my body position or technique aren't great, need a ski which would help me out.
    Hence why I'm leaning towards a higher end ski with more width.

Some guys say, to ride a high end ski if you have the $$$, as rather than a ski which suits your ability level.
    @jenksski agree completely. I’m a firm believer in riding a ski suited to ability. Having said that, I find the omega almost as forgiving as the Omni. Faster, but still very predictable/controllable. Good luck-no bad choices really.