Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling smart about buying some MCFT Stock

HortonHorton Posts: 30,438 Administrator

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 30,438 Administrator
    Ok I confess I did not buy very much but it is still fun.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

• usaski1usaski1 Posts: 760 Mega Baller
    Chart looks kind of meh on 1 year. But yeah, might be fun to buy a little.
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
  • bananaronbananaron Posts: 476 Crazy Baller
    Growth stock pays 0 dividend and probably good earnings for the quarter and hedge funds have bought more shares.I would consider it a moderate buy.The share price will probably go up over the next 12 months.
    Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota
  • chrislandychrislandy Posts: 203 Solid Baller
    if you bought at $5 then you're laughing
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,900 Mega Baller
    Buying is good, but it doesn't count until you sell it! :) I'm amazed at how many people will hold something as it goes down and down because they feel bad they didn't sell it at the top. But we don't get to use time travel for investing!!

But anyhow, continued good luck to both you and MCFT!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Clydesdaleski4xtcballsohard
  • BS74BS74 Posts: 52 Baller
    Personally, if you want this stock then I'd wait for the Nasdaq to come down to it's 200dma. It wants to go there and will drag everything with it. I've learned to be patient and wait for my price which would be in the $23.00 area. If I miss it go to another trade. Just a better risk/reward. There have been two analysts that put price targets of $40.00 and $31.00 in the last month. For me, lots of better choices to make money. You could sell calls against it to give you some protection to down side.
    MattP
  • hammerskihammerski Posts: 90 Baller
    edited March 10
    Great company, definitely a cyclical stock. When the markets drop ie covid, good time to buy in. When the markets are heated up, time to take the profit. Like Warren Buffet said, when people are greedy be fearful, when people are fearful be greedy. Cheers!
    Jim Hammer
    Jim Hammer Insurance
    Winlock, WA
    Clydesdalebananaron

Jim Hammer
    Jim Hammer Insurance
    Winlock, WA
    MBUU Malibu boats also owns Cobalt and Pursuit fishing boats. Their stock also doubled since covid.
    Jim Hammer
    Jim Hammer Insurance
    Winlock, WA
    ALPJr
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,132 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Stop by my office and I can show you some terrible build quality of a line of boats they own. You will think twice about an investment
    Shut up and ski
    I bought a few shares of MCFT just for fun today. I need to diversify... too much TSLA and NIO in my holdings as of now... or maybe not enough! Who knows?!
  • ThomasasherThomasasher Posts: 57 Baller
    malibu killing it also in stocks. Good sign for the recreational boat market doing great. @usaski1 forget NIO or TESLA go with MAGNA. Thats your EV car play
    Thomas Asher
    Stokesskis LLC
    352-348-0800
    [email protected]
    www.stokesskis.com
    Life Life - Fly Far
    Horton
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,659 Mega Baller
    Bought a bunch of MBUU in March of last year. Great 1 year ride. Should have bought MCFT too.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
    MichaelWiebe
  • pregompregom Posts: 327 Baller
    If you want a sure winner, get on the GME band wagon! :wink:
    Than_Boganklindy
  • pregompregom Posts: 327 Baller
    edited March 12
    Regarding my previous post: I was kidding. I am not sure if a waterskiing site is the place for investment advice, as this thread is trending to become... That's what promped to comment on GME...
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,633 Mega Baller
    Diversify, if boats are a small part it's probably ok...maybe it's fun.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    The_MS
    @Thomasasher chart looks good on that. Never heard of MAGNA before though. Man I’ve 4x’d my $ on TSLA and NIO though.
  • ballsohardballsohard Posts: 451 Crazy Baller
    Lots of smart money owns $MCFT rn. (Prem Watsa owns a boatload). On top of that it came up in one of my algos recently which made me smile as a skier. (All of my positions are a tiny % of acct size tho) as I run a multi strategy book.