Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dry Suit repair

dan1166dan1166 Posts: 12 Baller
Where is the best place to get a dry suit repaired? I need new seals; neck, arm and ankle.
Thanks;
Dan

Comments

• RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 592 Crazy Baller
    Local dive shops & Wileys in Seattle
  • gschorrgschorr Posts: 21 Baller
    concur with @Rednucleus . If it is made by Kokatat, send it back to them directly. They'll do a factory repair quickly and immaculately.
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,111
    Dive shop or you can actually do it yourself. You can order the seals and glue them in with aquaseal.
    Bob Grizzi
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,164 Mega Baller
    I just replaced my wrist seals myself for the first time. This is the YouTube video I watched (I believe there is another for the neck seal). I didn't have the talcum powder, but I don't think that is too critical. It seemed to go fairly well and I tested it for leaks. We will see how it holds up to skiing soon.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 592 Crazy Baller
    If it's a baggy suit, wrists & ankles are a piece of cake. Necks suck IMO
    MISkier
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,164 Mega Baller
    If it is an O'Neill Assault with the neoprene seals, have O'Neill fix it. I sent my backup drysuit to them and they replaced both wrist seals for $40.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    ALPJr
  • CnewbertCnewbert Posts: 295 Crazy Baller
    DUI (Diving Unlimited International) make the best divers’ dry suits in the world. They also repair all makes of drysuit.