Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bunk width for new boat lift

JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 473 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited March 17 in Boat Talk
Any Ballers have a good starting point for the bunk width at the rear and front of a shore station style boat lift?
Boat is a 1993 Malibu Echelon.
Thanks in advance....

Comments

• skierjpskierjp Posts: 975 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What ever the trailer measurements are. This is not a critical measurement.
    Jetsetr
  • WayneWayne Posts: 564 Crazy Baller
    I have mine set just outside the “step” of the chine which works pretty good. As said above my trailer has 2 sets of bunks. One inside the chine and one outside. I tried setting them inside the chine and the boat felt wobbly and was hard to center on the lift.

I also set the angles of the lift bunks so they matched the hull. There is some twist in the bunks but this also seems to help in centering the boat on the lift.
  • JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 473 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @skierjp @Wayne good info thanks...
    skierjp didn’t even THINK to measure trailer bunks! Sometimes the answer is literally right in front of you!
    Some days I’m a bit slow! Thanks again!!
    skierjp
  • GaryJanzigGaryJanzig Posts: 102 Baller
    The bunks on your trailer are a good starting point. The important thing is to have the weight of the boat on the stringers. Don't have them too narrow. The engine compartment, and the stern floor panel is a good reference point. They should be at least 6 inches out from the edge of those points.
    Jetsetr
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 975 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Forward Backward is critical. You don’t want the tipping point to the rear if you stand on the platform.
    JetsetrBG1