Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HO Animal thoughts

wettek69wettek69 Posts: 114 Baller
Gidday guys

Anyone on the new 20/21 Animals? Read a few mixed reviews here from 2017/18, just wondering if HO sorted the issues and the new ones are worth a run. Using a Radar Profile at the moment, but like old style rubber.

Regards to all.

Comments

• MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 604 Crazy Baller
    check out tfactors. Outstanding rubber bindings
    disland
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,403 Administrator
    I'm unaware of any issues. I would think front animal and rear venom would be awesome.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

• wettek69wettek69 Posts: 114 Baller
    @MDB1056 I would get a T Factor tomorrow, but I am at the very upper end of the L sizing and bottom of XL (11 & 1/2 US foot size) so am concerned one will be way tight and the other a bit loose.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,000 Crazy Baller
    @ get the L and put in hot water the EVA material will mold to your foot
  • MarkMMarkM Posts: 155 Open or Level 9 Skier
    They look good. I just wish they would have kept the laces in the back of the boot.
    I like my rear boot loose.
    bishop8950Rednucleus
    @Deanoski Really, you reckon the L will mold enough to fit my 11 & 1/2 big wide foot?
  • kckc Posts: 242 Solid Baller
    @wettek69 For what it’s worth, my son uses large T-factors. He’s an average width size 12 shoe.
    wettek69
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,000 Crazy Baller
    edited March 19
    @wettek69 I wear at 11 shoe and wear the medium T factor front Wiley rear

I believe you can adjust the width if needed the with the screw on the bottom of the plate
    Than_Bogan
    I’m a 9 1/2 and wear med Tfactors, I cinch down both laces a bit - nice and snug . @Deanoski - at 11 medium has got to be tight
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,403 Administrator
    edited March 19
    Any rubber binding that you can not get out of without losening the laces is unsafe.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

teammalibuLuzzsavaiusini
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,218 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @MarkM me too, laces loose on rear animal.
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,473 Mega Baller
    I use large and 9 /12 foot. Its what you like. some folks like it tight, I like that it comes off when I need it to
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • DWDW Posts: 2,307 Mega Baller
    Personal preference is the previous generation Animals with the rear laces. From a friend that tried new version, he thought the sizing nomenclature is not consistent with previous version Animals so choose carefully on size if you have a reference.
    yes we all agree that anything you can't get out of without undoing something is unsafe. I've had mine release just fine so not concerned
    Gidday guys.

Ended up going with a 12/13 Animal. The 10/11 was impossibility tight, the 12/13 seems good.

Thanks for all the input, like I said, read a few mixed reviews here back from 2017/18.

Regards to all.
  • loewebloeweb Posts: 31 Baller
    Not having a handle on the back of the binding makes entry more difficult too. A couple buddies sewed on handles to eliminate this and are very pleased with the results.
    @loeweb Any chance of getting a close photo of how your mates have sewn on the handle? I would be keen to see it. Thanks