Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slalom binding - width problem..

Hi all -

New to the forum. Purchased my first slalom ski last year - Radar Senate with Vector Boa bindings (size 10-14). Unfortunately the front boot is agonising due to the lack of width (I have wider than average feet). Could anyone recommend a wider / the widest binding available on the market?

Thanks in advance.
Tim

Comments

• Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,202 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    I am not familiar with the Vector Boa but some bindings can be adjusted with the screw placement underneath, perhaps somebody can advise , if that is possible to do on the Vector Boa, I don't think so, there are other choices of bindings out there, but try to make sure it will position in the right place on your ski,
    Tfactor is a good binding that may allow you to alter width, but not sure about getting distance from tail on the Senate, Performance might be able to position a Tfactor on a Senate and tell you if you can get the measurement you want, they are very helpful.
    Probably a good idea to call performance and have a chat with them, they must of come across this problem before.
    https://www.perfski.com

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• OldkierOldkier Posts: 51 Baller
    I am 12.5 and a 4e wide, I use a reflex extra large with molded insert front. It is the most comfortable binding I have ever had.
  • pregompregom Posts: 327 Baller
    Since you seem to be based in UK, calling perfski might not work for you. If all you need is a couple more millimetres, you could try stretching the boot with a wooden block or similar wedge.
  • chrislandychrislandy Posts: 201 Solid Baller
    There are some really good proshops in the UK, but it depends where you are in the country. PM me if you want
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,121 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The widest binding “off the shelf” is likely a Wiley. https://wileyski.com/slalom-bindings/
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • brodybrody Posts: 330 Baller
    I used to use animal xxl to get the width and still my sets were limited by foot pain. Now I use reflex and have zero issues
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,473 Mega Baller
    I have T-factor, It is adjustable on the bottom by using the wider holes. I also customized by taking apart and grinding the edge to exactly match my foot. Now it fits like a glove and my foot never moves. Becasue it fits so well I can use losser upper and thus always releases when i need it to
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes