Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The misadventures of the Wednesday night crew

cougfancougfan Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
It is with much sadness that I inform you ballers that due to circumstances beyond our control that the Wednesday night crew will no longer be calling Bow lake our Wednesday night ski home☹️ We had a great run and a big shout out to Doug Spady for hosting us during our time there! But just like everything else time marches on and things change.
We have decided to take up the challenge of skiing a different lake / river each week. We will be traveling up and down the west side of the state looking for ski sites and will also travel over to the east side in search of flat water. Anyplace that we can ski and still be home that night is in the plans. There are many possible sites that qualify and we are looking forward to this new adventure / quest!
We plan on skiing locally on the weekends and traveling on Wednesday since 3/4 of the Wednesday night crew are available on that day (still need to find a fill in vet for @Rednucleus so he can join us)
We are also planning some week long trips to our favorite ski sites this year.
Anyone that has any suggestions for possible ski sites would be welcome! We are up for most anything
We will be posting our weekly outings so you ballers can track our progress.
Stay tuned!
ballsohardjimskiALPJrbananaronBulldog

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,577 Mega Baller
    What happened to skiing at Bow ?
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • gschorrgschorr Posts: 20 Baller
    @cougfan Look me up if you want to make a journey to the Kitsap Peninsula. Course on Kitsap lake (public), and a fun crew of skiers at the lake.

greg
    cougfanRednucleus
  • DockoelbotoDockoelboto Posts: 149 Baller
    Assuming covid continues to slow down/people get vaccinated, I can probably host an evening in Olympia. As long as you bring the food!
    cougfanRednucleusbananaronRichardDoane
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 590 Crazy Baller
    @RichardDoane Over the last few years the lots on Bow have been sold, so now there is a nice community of home owners on the lake. Those sales decreased the time our group is allowed to use the lake. Our after ski dinner time was eliminated so we opted to try something new this year. We had several great years at Bow and are thankful for the time we were allowed to spend there!
    RichardDoane
  • cougfancougfan Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
    After taking last Wednesday off due to the heavy amount of liquid sunshine the Wednesday night crew was back at it this week minus @Rednucleus ☹️.

Still need to find a vet willing to fill in for him on Wednesday 😊 We skied Campbell lake on Fidalgo island which is near Oak Harbor the home of Naval Air Station Whidbey which explains the numerous Navy planes flying overhead all day plus the Navy helicopter that came over and hovered above the lake. Pretty cool to see the spray rising from the lake caused by the rotors.
    Back to skiing Doug and I free skied for 5hrs with Doug mixing in a couple of barefoot sets while Ken was our designated driver due to his recent hand surgery☹️ Doug and I even skied a set for @Rednucleus 15off @32
    Weather was sunny 56 few clouds and the water was very comfortable upper 40’s
    Next week another lake another adventure
    AndreRednucleusJody_SealDaveD
  • cougfancougfan Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
    @Andre couldn’t have said it better myself 👍👍
    That’s what the Wednesday night crew is all about the 3 F’s
    Food
    Fun
    Fellowship
    ALPJrAndre