HO Animals changed now what?

SkiItUpSkiItUp Posts: 26 Baller
I have been skiing HO animals for the last 8 or 9 years. I ski consistently into 35off 34mph. What boot do I go to now. I'm a double boot guy. What would you suggest? Not sure I want to go down the learning curve of the hard shell, is it worth it? Don't know that it matters, but I'm a big guy, 6'2 235lbs. Wear a XL animal.

Comments

• BroussardBroussard Posts: 684 Crazy Baller
    Have you tried to scrounge up some old stock from pro shops?
    Andre Broussard | Action Water Sports | SkiBennetts |
  • SkiItUpSkiItUp Posts: 26 Baller
    @Broussard I have, but imagine it will run dry soon. Might bit the bullet if I come up with a good option.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,516 Administrator
    @SkiItUp what changed? When I google it ... it looks like the same great product.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

• raynrayn Posts: 421 Solid Baller
    I moved from animals 10 years ago to radar strada at the time now carbitex vapor and i thought it was smooth transition. I am a rtp guy.
    Ray Newmark -
    igkyaZman
  • SkiItUpSkiItUp Posts: 26 Baller
    @Horton

They deleted the rear cinch string. Its basically the old school high wrap now.
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,387 Mega Baller
    Back in the day I preferred the basic old school high wrap.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    edited March 24

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

• dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,333 Mega Baller
    I have an XL pair my son used one time. $200 plus shipping.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    skialexALPJrimmikerowley
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 426 Water Ski Industry Professional
    We removed the rear laces on the Animal 3 seasons ago. Prior to that, the Animal haddn't really changed in almost 15 years. The old Animals were notoriously stiff and unforgiving for most folks so we elected to make them a bit more user friendly as a double boot setup unto themselves. From a releasability perspective, the new rear Animal (as well as the new Venom) also pair very well with our Syndicate Hardshell.
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
  • MarkMMarkM Posts: 167 Open or Level 9 Skier
    edited March 24
    Removal of the laces was a bad move. I've used an animal rear for 15 years.
    Either bring back the laces or chop the height of the boot.
    In fact, I wish someone would make a low-wrap rear rubber boot.
    Zman
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,279 Mega Baller
    @SkiItUp you can buy the new Animals and the old laced overlays as a spare part..
    Wileys sells the laced overlays for $35, they also sell the new Animal. Swapping is easy...
    Goode9700
  • immikerowleyimmikerowley Posts: 28 Baller
    @dchristman PM sent.

I'll take them please
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,082 Crazy Baller
    @MarkM willey sells a 3/4 rear boot
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 552 Crazy Baller
    @MarkM - I have a Wiley's mid/low wrap rear toe mounted behind my Reflex. It works great. Call them up and tell them what you want. They are the best people and provide great service.
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,497 Mega Baller
    Try T-factor
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
    DeanoskiDaveD
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 459 Open or Level 9 Skier
    When HO offshored production on the Animal binders about 7 years ago, I found them uncomfortable. I tried T factors and never looked back. More comfortable (significantly), more support, and you can easily buy any replacement part from D3's web page, do more of what year is your binder, oh don't have that part.
    disland
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,646 Crazy Baller
    T-Factor
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    disland