Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suction Cups for boat cover

LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 795 Mega Baller
I dont think I have room for a cat walk on my lift. One side has a dock. So when we have windy days I have to get creative to keep the cover secure. Either I have to jump in the water or like I did today, use my jet ski

Im thinking suction cups may help tie down the cover. Anyone have with luck them? Here is a pic of my set up. I need to leave enough room for another boat between my lift and other dock.

Comments

• MNshortlinerMNshortliner Posts: 236 Solid Baller
    Have you considered bolting a 2x10 onto the carriage of the lift. Then you could step over the side of the boat and on the plank to hook up your cover.
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 417 Solid Baller
    I'm curious, is it the factory cover? Mine needs no side straps to keep it in place, the ratchet straps at the back are enough.
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 477 Solid Baller
    Evidently you can’t get the ratchet or mechanism tight enough?
    Does the cover have loops for bungees?
    If yes, and Assuming you roll the cover from back to front to remove, as you install the cover (rolling front to back), hook bungees from the loops to the lift cradle. Likely need to do both sides so it is “pulling” the same on both sides.
    Suction cups could work too, but would be annoying to watch them fail from inside the house during a rainy windstorm...
  • DWDW Posts: 2,307 Mega Baller
    edited April 1
    You could tie a string between 2 of the covers side loops and hang a milk jug. Jugs can be hung as you pull the cover back from inside the boat or another option is to put small carabiners tied to the lower lift frame and simply clip the string to them, that’s my current procedure, all from in the boat.
  • WishWish Posts: 8,233 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★

>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Moved2skiMoved2ski Posts: 26 Baller
    edited April 1
    When I used to tarp under a carport by myself I used a 6 inch pvc pipe to roll the tarp back to front. My tarp had a strong draw string and only needed attached from the front and back.
  • LOTWLOTW Posts: 218 Baller
    I used the 2l pop bottles on my old lift, it worked fine. I did get a lot of pooling of water when it rained so I kept a piece of bilge pump hose and syphoned the water off.
  • NameUnavailableNameUnavailable Posts: 19 Baller
    How about that cover that has a rachet on the platform and no side ties? I know Nautique has one.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 972 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★

Get with Skip Dunlap, you don’t need any tie downs for this cover. I live in Florida and this cover has survived hurricane winds and never blew off with out any tie downs.863-605-0340
    LoopSki
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 972 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    This cover has the ratchet