Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It’s April, get out and ski!!!

cougfancougfan Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
This thread isn’t for the ballers from Florida or California who complain when the water temp drops below 70 and the air temp is below 80 and who ski pretty much year around in shorts and a rash guard occasionally having to put on a wetsuit 😊😉☺️😏
This thread is for the ballers who live in the colder climates and have to deal with their lakes freezing over. With the days getting longer and the weather warming up it’s time you guys got back on the water!
Those of us who are lucky to have our lakes stay thawed and have been in dry suits since November using the boat heater hot water shower or an ice chest full of hot water to be able to ski welcome the chance to get back to skiing in a wet suit.
Hope you all had a good winter!
Like my friend Doug says “you can ski to get in shape or you can get in shape to ski” choose wisely☺️
Here’s to all of you getting back out there enjoying what you love to do SKI
Jody_SealAndreskialex503KentoRednucleusOscawanaSkierJmoskirobmollysilverlakeKimbymondbaconaz

Comments

• OscawanaSkierOscawanaSkier Posts: 94 Baller
    edited April 2
    Ice out 3 weeks ago, it snowed tonight, boat goes in Saturday. Trying to convince the Mrs. to drive on Sunday! Might get to 60deg (water in low 50’s). Can’t wait!
    cougfanJmoski
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 864 Crazy Baller
    Me, the boy, two cousins, and a friend skiing sat at Winlock.
    cougfanJmoskiRednucleusKRoundy
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 377 Solid Baller
    We had a cold winter in Maine, the ice was 24” thick in Feb, ice out might happen by next weekend. Skiing in MA will require my ski buddy to get his boat in, hope to ski in MA next week!
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,197 Mega Baller

Me... in my Darth Sidious costume...
    This is from this morning in Porto Heli Greece!
    Fehlindra BlueSkiDaveDcougfan
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,403 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

adamhcaldwellRednucleus
  • tkarbstkarbs Posts: 5 New Baller
    Still waiting for ice out here. :( Hopefully soon!
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,577 Mega Baller
    It was a beautiful afternoon at the Ski Park in Orting, WA

BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    ALPJrcougfanMarkTimmdbaconaz
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 591 Crazy Baller
    Got my 1st April run it at Hilltop this morning. Finally broke the 100 degree barrier (W52 A50+); nice to still be able to feel fingers & toes after 2 sets. My apologies to @AdamCord - he handed me his phone to video and I filmed my feet rather than his passes - @cougfan you can stop laughing anytime; I told Adam I was technologically challenged!
    cougfan
  • cougfancougfan Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
    @Rednucleus you can say that again 😊 @AdamCord should have known better than to have you try to video him after seeing the way you struggle with your flip phone😉
    Glad to see you got a ski in! Remember you are always welcome to join the rest of the Wednesday night crew on our Wednesday adventures
    Rednucleus
  • MNshortlinerMNshortliner Posts: 236 Solid Baller
    100 degrees here(60 air/40 water). Finally got out on the lake and it was like a BEAUTIFUL summer day!!

Rednucleuscougfanrobmollysilverlake
  • LarsLars Posts: 193 Baller
    Probably my lowest baller index to date, March 26th in western wisconsin

See this? Yes that's still ice! Think its safe to say the water was about 32 ;)
    Rednucleuscougfan
  • jeblancjeblanc Posts: 18 Baller
    I went with the shorty wetsuit yesterday after feeling a bit too warm in the full wetsuit last week. Little did I know that the water temp dropped down to 49 degrees.
    BlueSki
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,577 Mega Baller
    @jeblanc that's why all my shorty wetsuits have long sleeves
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    jeblancskialex
  • jayskijayski Posts: 1,009 Mega Baller
    Pic just before sunrise yesterday

Current conditions

• teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 1,066 Mega Baller
    @jayski love it when you post pics of my old house!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
    thagerjayski
  • robmollysilverlakerobmollysilverlake Posts: 105 Baller
    Ice came off on Friday, got to ski Saturday and Sunday!! Feels so good to be back on the liquid lake :)
    cougfan
  • ShellShell Posts: 248 Crazy Baller

cougfanGMCRAWSkiDaveD
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 350 Crazy Baller
    @Lars nice job. Can’t believe how fast the ice went out this March. Remind me of where you ski? We are in Balsam Lake WI
    Lars
  • chrislandychrislandy Posts: 201 Solid Baller
    Our lake is still around 45deg F (8deg C), bit chilly ;)
  • cougfancougfan Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
    The Wednesday night crew changed things up and skied last night after work well 1/2 of us (no Ken who was snow biking and no @Rednucleus who was busy doing vet things) great way to finish up the day! Water in Big lake is warming up and the air was a very nice 59👍 Each of us got in 2 long sets of feee skiing. Supposed to be rainy and cool today so probably no skiing ☹️

• LarsLars Posts: 193 Baller
    @epnault that was at Little Wood Lake in Alpha where Wes has a cabin. I mostly ski in the Twincities though.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,154 Mega Baller
    Air 80. Water 56. Boat 2021 (yes, we actually got one).

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    KimbymonDaveDDeanoski
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,403 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

WDKinleyAdamCordThan_Bogan
  • WDKinleyWDKinley Posts: 18 Baller
    Time to fire up the "keep @Horton from running 39 thread I guess." Great job
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,207
    Skied last night for first time in 3 years. The upside was making all my deep water starts. After that, it was all downside.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Rednucleuschrislandycougfan
  • m_pagsm_pags Posts: 90 Baller

1st set ever on our new lake in SW Florida
    MISkierKimbymonMichaelWiebeDaveD
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 591 Crazy Baller
    Got 2 breezy sets in this morning; gunna try it again tomorrow & Wed - the weather gal said the magic "S" word is coming this week (seventy).
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,573 Mega Baller
    Incredible weather in eastern Canada for the last 3 days has melt the ice really fast .Last chunk of ice yesterday and today skied 2 sets in 59f water anf 76 air!
    Fastest iceout in 26 years on the lake!
    God,it's good to be alive again!!!
    RednucleusSki2000
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 362 Crazy Baller
    Earliest start ever for my crew here in Vermont!

ALPJrAndrecougfanRednucleus
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 971 Mega Baller
    @Shell Skiing in Georgia in April is like skiing in Michigan in June. When are we going to see some pics from Big Lake in 2021? :smile:
    Kimbymon