Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does your Wife (or Husband) usually go to your Water Ski tournament events ?

swbcaswbca Posts: 157 Baller
My first wife did when we were 26 years old. I am restarting competitive skiing in M9 and my second wife has never heard of it.

This is probably age/division dependent

local tournaments ???
First wife sometimes

The regionals ???
Firsts wife usually

The nationals ???
First wife always

keithh2oskierMattP

Comments

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,121 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nationals only, if I am skiing, but she used to love the Pro Tour.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • WDKinleyWDKinley Posts: 18 Baller
    Wife and in laws used to come to wakeboard events which was cool.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,243 Mega Baller
    My wife is usually the chief scorer at most of the tournaments I participate in.
    My daughter safety
    My son sr 3event judge..
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

skigirlliquid dZman
  • cacmancacman Posts: 108 Open or Level 9 Skier
    My Wife makes at least half of them. She really enjoys the one that are close to winery's or brewery's.
    Zman
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
    Nope. Was me and Jim solo or with Mitch. Sometimes Susan would come(Jims wife). Not terribly exciting events for nonskiers
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 442 Crazy Baller
    Yeah, only if the destination is interesting (to her!) and involves a road trip (excuse to travel)
    But yeah, I can't blame her for not wanting to sit in the sweltering heat all day.
    Zman
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,207
    Hell, waterski tournaments today are so boring I don't even want to go!
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• jayskijayski Posts: 1,009 Mega Baller
    @ForrestGump you need to come back to Cottonwood for one of our tourneys!!
  • swbcaswbca Posts: 157 Baller
    Our whole family went to the nationals several years when the kids were young. They always had fun because there were other kids there that they new. They would usually find a place to swim and run around. Even though we were unofficial, my wife and manned a safety boat for a few of the big slalom events . . that makes it fun.
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 804 Mega Baller
    YES absolutely and She Skis. She is more competitive than I am! Plus works as an official.
    Thanks @Shell
    KimbymonShellDaveDmarkn
  • mike_mapplemike_mapple Posts: 175 Water Ski Industry Professional
    What would make an event really worth it for a wife to come to? I don' have much input as my whole life was at them..
    Perfski.com
    407-859-7544
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

If you have a blister, pop it, pour some lemon juice on it, and then add salt. -Andy Mapple
    tjs1295
  • KimbymonKimbymon Posts: 127 Crazy Baller
    It would take an act of congress to get my husband to attend a water ski tournament.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
    @mike_mapple I think part of the issue is that those who ski tourneys and the spouses who come for the skiing are all pretty die hard skiers. With beers afterward etc the conversation is so often also skiing.
    My wife likes live theater, live dancing, gourmet food, being a Mom, is excellent at crafts, likes to volunteer for good causes and help people...is politically liberal. The social environment at a tournament is just not for her for the few minutes of cheering on my slalom run.

Attractive locales are cool, but she'd rather go enjoy one of those with me free of skiing than working it around a ski tourney, mostly on her own.

I think if you are a non-skier or don't have significant ski interest in some fashion, it's just not going to be a spouses cup of tea.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    tjs1295
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 406 Crazy Baller
    My wife never did and she never will. I understand, I spend 2x 6 minutes on the water and we wait around for hours......she dosen't ski so I can't blame her. Same thing for my 2 daughters.
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,182 Mega Baller
    Why would I do that? I like my wife and my freedom!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    tjs1295