Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone better buy this!

BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 541 Crazy Baller
edited April 2 in Boat Talk
Given our current boat market, here is a SCREAMING deal on TSC1 Ski Nautique.

SIA59375

1997 Ski Nautique with 900 hours in decent condition for $8,500
oldjeep

Comments

• DockoelbotoDockoelboto Posts: 149 Baller
    must be an April fools joke, everyone here knows that boat is worth at least $20K, if not $30k.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,243 Mega Baller
    A lollipop 🍭!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,490 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    For sure that'll sell quickly. There was a '98 that popped up on SIA near me that didn't last an hour at $13.5k.
    Scott Calderwood
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
    I'm thinking scam...who sets the price that low in today's market?
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,793 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited April 2
    Well, it is purple ;)

Looks just like the one sitting a couple blocks away, don't think it has moved much in the last couple years. But it has a matching purple cover.

And would a scammer really use an AOL email address? It's all Gmail these days ;)
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,239 Mega Baller
    It is not a scammer ... that's @ThePantsManCan .
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    I don't know, it looks pretty beat up? When I was looking for an older boat this spring, I wouldn't have called on it. Looks like a project.
    Scott Calderwood
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 541 Crazy Baller
    @swc5150 Other than some gel coat fade and maybe a few skins, I cannot see much wrong. Maybe a little rough, but far from a project to me.

Perfect boat for someone to do a ZO conversion. You can be into a ZO boat for under 15k. Pretty hard to beat.

Everyone has a different requirement for how their boat must look, I get that. But as a pure slalom tug for going up and down the course I'd almost prefer this. No need for shinny gel coat and perfect seats. I still wish I had the space for a second boat. Something to teach new people in, install the course in the spring and not have to worry. The lake is much more fun when I am not telling people to remove shoes, towel off, watch the spray on the boom, bumping into the dock.

I miss the days when my crew had a 'work' boat.
    aupatking
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,625 Mega Baller
    edited April 3
    1997 was 24 years ago. I don’t see any picture on that ad the supports that boat being either; beat up, or a project. It looks like it needs to be waxed. Aside from that, it needs to be skied.
    oldjeepAndreISP6ballReallyGottaSki
  • DangerBoyDangerBoy Posts: 382 Crazy Baller
    I've never been a fan of purple, especially that shade, but it would certainly be a great tug for an avowed Minnesota Vikings, Baltimore Ravens or LA Lakers fan. The hull does look like it could really use a good waxing but it's hard to argue that $8,500 is not a sweet deal for a boat like that even if it is purple and needs a little bit of work. Methinks someone should snag that puppy before it's too late. B)
    I can take anything apart
  • jpattigrjpattigr Posts: 247 Crazy Baller
    @BrennanKMN Curious how your math works to "convert" this boat to a Zero off boat? The GT40 motor is not compatible with ZO, it would need a new engine plus Zero off plus some new items like the throttle, cables etc?
    I had a 97 and loved it, best i could do was Perfectpass with z-Box and the latest Version does work very well. maybe $1500 for that? but I would think a new engine etc would be $12,000 extra??
    From my experience, when a hull looks that chalky in small pics, it needs a full wet sanding. Add some new skins, maybe a new engine and ZO...that's a project in my book. But, agreed, $8.5k to grab it and ski could be great deal for someone as it sits.
    Scott Calderwood
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
    Ad says bid war now. Apparently was for real. I could resto that gel in no time. Upholstery is expensive. $8500 is what these should cost but today’s market is whacky. I have a 2000 on nice shape—wud prob list for $17.5k today and see what happens.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Jody_Sealswc5150