Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remembering Eddie Roberts

HortonHorton Posts: 30,403 Administrator
Eddie Roberts played a huge role in the development of Radar Skis, we interviewed him about his history in the sport a few years back and recently came across the footage. We love Eddie.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

Jody_SealBruce_ButterfieldjimskiBroussardALPJrthagerrobmollysilverlakeklindysunnydaysmnAlvin_Neffrandy menyskistrom

Comments

• ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,207
    edited April 5
    Eddie was such an important part of water ski history. I Always loved chatting with him. I remember one such time fondly...........

Me: Eddie, this RS1 just broke on the first set.

Eddie: How hard did you hit it with the handle?

hahahahaha He nailed it. But still sold me a replacement ski at half price.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Alvin_Neff
  • slowslow Posts: 450 Crazy Baller
    Great guy. Was welcoming to everyone.
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,652 Mega Baller
    Eddie was the best. Never had an interaction with him that wasn't absolutely excellent.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
    Zman
  • Swerve200Swerve200 Posts: 25 Baller
    One of the greats - he pulled me on my first and only ride at Radar Lake.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,000 Crazy Baller
    miss skiing with Him, and being a test dummy
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,300 Mega Baller
    Always a pleasure to talk to on the phone and willing to do whatever it took to take care of my problems.
    Awesome guy I would have liked to meet in person.
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    Although I did not know Eddie it seems like his customer service ethics still rule at Radar. I’ve always been taken care of by the crew at Radar, I’m a customer for life.
    Alvin_Neffschaferrandy meny
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 381 Crazy Baller
    Funny, Brooks sent me a video of Eddie today. I miss my ski partner so much, especially this time of year. So many good times, crashes, concussions, and family memories. Love you Eddie!
    Alvin_NeffLanceHCook
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 381 Crazy Baller
    Thanks for posting @Horton
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,577 Mega Baller
    those video clips are a perfect capture of the warmth and friendliness that was Eddie. I still like to call his number to hear his voice. His friendship for the past 20 years was terrific. I'm a better skier, and person due to his influence. RIP Eddie, and thank you. well done @Horton
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    klindyAlvin_Neffrandy meny
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,677 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Eddie was the best! Thanks for the video. Was that Ron Goodman’s dog, Smudge?
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,615 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Great find. Awesome guy! I miss talking to him too, it was always a great conversation!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    Alvin_Neff
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,426 Mega Baller
    edited April 6
    A true ambassador of the sport. Gave me a call back couple times after I left voice mails with the main office. Once for help with supporting a ski club initiative and once to talk about a new ski for me.
    Alvin_Neff
  • Chris RossiChris Rossi Posts: 317 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Eddie is a legend. I miss my friend, coworker, and mentor every day. This vid sparks real joy.
    HortonklindyAlvin_Neffrandy meny
  • Alvin_NeffAlvin_Neff Posts: 90 Solid Baller
    This video is awesome! I loved Eddie! What a true gentleman who was a giant in our waterski community! He will always have a special place in my heart. I was lucky to have him as a friend! He inspired us all with his positive attitude and waterski memories! His examples of over the top customer service was legendary. He touched so many skiers and leaves behind a wonderful legacy!
    ALPJrklindyrandy menyskistrom
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 912 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I was watching the video and while Eddie was talking about Roger the ad for the Teeter table came on the TV. So weird!
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    ALPJrskistrom