Double Boot Set Up?

Hello All,

I have a 2017 Lithium Vapor with the 2019 Radar Carbitex Boa boot. The boots are now two years old and the backs of them are starting to crack and fall apart. This is the second set of Radar boots that are doing the same thing and they refused to stand behind the product or do anything about it. I assume I am not the only person who has this issue.

My question or ask is what other boots are people running that offer the same support and performance as the Radar boots. I have been thinking of going back to HO Animal boots but was looking for something of more support and performance.

Let me know what suggestions you have. I don't think these boots will make it till the end of the season.

Currently ski in Oakland County, MI

Comments

• ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,201 Mega Baller
    Tons of threads on this problem with the Radar boots. Here is one of many, https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/379160. I tried some different setups a few years ago and ended up back on the Carbitex with Reflex R-Style rear. I've been taking the liner out to dry after every set over the last couple years and that seems to help with the longevity. I like the bindings enough to buy a new one every couple years. 2-3 years has been my experience. It would be nice if Radar could solve this problem though because otherwise they are a great boot.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • UCFskierUCFskier Posts: 115 Baller
    if you like the radar boot and want to up grade get the vapor boots by radar. they are a hybrid style and offer great support and release from hector crashes...

!!!Support companies that support the protection of youth in Waterskiing!!!
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,646 Crazy Baller
    If you're considering something along the line of Animals, try D3 T-Factors.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    phntmskiDaveD
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 845 Crazy Baller
    A big +1 to @LeonL recommendation of Tfactors. Great boots, great support. I’ve been on them for years now and zero issues . I’m a fan for life
  • mike_mapplemike_mapple Posts: 217 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Radar is a pretty great company to work with on retail, did you go through the shop that sold them to you, ive seen older boots handled with, as long as they are not beat up / crazy sun faded, as that is not a manufacturing problem. In 2020 they switched the material that is in the back, to a silicone base, I have not gotten any bad feedback since then. however if you like the Radar product but didnt like that part of the boot you could also look into the Pulse boot. They have picked up steam the past few months sales wise!
    Perfski.com
    407-859-7544
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

If you have a blister, pop it, pour some lemon juice on it, and then add salt. -Andy Mapple
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 506 Open or Level 9 Skier
    edited April 22
    @BMan Like @mike_mapple said above try to contact the shop you got them through and see if they will help you out. Agree with the above the Pulse boots are awesome and are more high end then years past, they replaced our profile boot in 2020. More comfort and higher performance. Highly recommend them. I'd steer away going to HO animals as that would be a huge downgrade in terms of performance. A lot less stiff of a boot then you ride now.