adamhcaldwelladamhcaldwell Posts: 787 Open or Level 9 Skier
edited June 8 in News & Other Stuff
Huge shoutout to @AdamCord for taking down his first -41! Congratulations!

lundbergWishdbaconazMattPryno65CamALPJrOldkiertjmdchristmanJayprolpskierBobFVONMANCraigBTheisdarinmontgomeryMichaelGoodmanskistromSkoot1123503KentoS1Pittsswc5150Not_The_PugThan_Bogankeithh2oskierBMG73ReallyGottaSkiballsohardGarB_SMichaelWiebeEd_JohnsonpowbmpscustomskirobmollysilverlakeMilfordakale15MickeyThompsonDaveDBlueSkiAlvin_NeffrfadvskierlakeaustinskierbrodyDangerBoyBRYUWSkierchris55Zmanrandy menyKKellymatthewbrownglasslakeGloersenDirtSki2000ghutchFehlindra skiinxsjipster43StefanandjulesshoeskimanrodeconhammerskiDavidNalex38

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 31,482 Administrator
    hoax

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

jayskiThan_BoganPUoldmaid
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,740 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Nice job. Cord is a badass!
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,982 Mega Baller
    edited June 8
    Jeezmon. Next time, at least have the courtesy to make it LOOK difficult!

At least I can feel better about myself by calling a zero on the gate! :) #RussianJudge
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    BTheisjayski
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,117 Mega Baller
    Fantastic! Go team Denali!!
    Than_Bogan
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,792 Mega Baller
    @Than_Bogan he doesn't worry about gates in practice he told me, but will clean it up the week before a tournament. there's probably end course available of that pass if someone cared to go look. Hilltop has top notch TC. great skiing @AdamCord
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    dchristmanhammerski
    hoax

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Than_Bogan
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 2,021 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Must be the prototype extra stiff C95+
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
    6ballsISP6ball
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,982 Mega Baller
    @RichardDoane I've skied with Cord a bit when he was on the East Coast, and I know he dials gates later. Just harassing him while being incredibly impressed.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    RichardDoane
  • PUoldmaidPUoldmaid Posts: 62 Baller
    So proud!! Such a feat!
  • B_SB_S Posts: 286 Crazy Baller
    Wow, congratulations!
  • MarkMMarkM Posts: 167 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Damn that guy..... ;)
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,865 Mega Baller
    Money...it's gotta be the ski!

Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • DangerBoyDangerBoy Posts: 439 Crazy Baller
    edited June 8
    @6balls Y'know, I think you're right. I've heard of a few people getting into 41 with the ski I have but I've never heard of anyone running it with that ski. I think that's the only reason why I'm not running it because it can't be because I suck at skiing. It HAS to be the ski. ;)

Seriously, way to go @AdamCord. That was quite an achievement. You're part of a pretty elite club now.

I can take anything apart
  • BTheisBTheis Posts: 32 Baller
    @AdamCord - gates or no gates that is some seriously impressive skiing !!
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,792 Mega Baller
    @AdamCord sign up for the NoName Record. Mollala. OR.
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    AdamCordjipster43
  • T_CT_C Posts: 157 Baller
    The No Name Record at the end of July will be awesome. David out TC has been working on the site for over a year and everything is dialed! The lake skis really good!
    RichardDoane
  • WishWish Posts: 8,417 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @AdamCord I actually noticed your gate looking like it had more (way more?) downswing speed vs past videos you’ve posted. What changed per Caldwell’s advice??
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 1,169 Mega Baller
    looks like more than just science; pretty cool!
    Than_Bogan
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 303 Solid Baller
    Am I the only one curious as to what happened @ 43?
    Baller Index: -31.67
    MISkier
  • AdamCordAdamCord Posts: 1,025 Open or Level 9 Skier
    edited June 9
    @LakeOneSkier swipe left on the video or click the little arrow.
    MISkier
  • AdamCordAdamCord Posts: 1,025 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Some people have asked me to send them the raw video so they can watch slomo so I went ahead and uploaded to YouTube.

Missed gates and driver came way over on 6, otherwise I think it looks fairly legit. I won’t get to ski again for a week because of work so will be a while before I can try and back it up:

Gloersenjipster43darinmontgomeryGWaterski
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 1,169 Mega Baller
    @AdamCord
    Bit of a tangent here (maybe literally) –
    But by “too much speed and angle”; do you mean too much velocity or too much angle (load) with perceived excess speed?
    Assuming the ideal path at ridiculously short-line is extremely constricted, is there an optimal angle (approximate range) creating optimal (not necessarily maximal) velocity (isn’t the objective to minimize time to centerline unchanged)? Is your time to centerline on the gate actually slower or is the path just “covering less ground” (given the same staring position up on the boat) to get there?
    @matthewbrown the trick is to go in front of the gates.

• matthewbrownmatthewbrown Posts: 572 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @Horton that comment probably deserves a panda or two, but I know you are joking otherwise that would get 3 pandas.
    Skoot1123Cooper_Trelawneyfloridagm