2013 Radar Total Awesomeness - Free to Good Home

jim_sjim_s Posts: 30 Baller
This is a blank ski w/ fin - no boots. Bought new for my kid (in 2014), who never took up an interest in slalom. (He also snow skis instead of snowboards - so yeah, I've basically failed as a father on multiple fronts... ;-) The ski is not doing anyone any good sitting in my attic, and after 7 years, I've finally come to emotional terms w/ the fact that he's not gonna slalom. (He's also a full grown ass person at this point, so even if he did take up an interest, the TRA would not work for him...) Ski is Free to Good Home. We'd need to figure out the shipping. It's basically a softer, 63" Senate. I skied it once when we got it, just to see what it was like - it was fun and lively - felt a whole lot like my full-size Senate. (That's the only time it's ever been in the water.) It should have a lot of life and fun in it for some little ripper(s) whose parent's have not failed to instill in them a love of sliding around with both feet strapped to one stick. Oh, it's also scratch-and-sniff (sorta - I think that stuff has kinda lost it's vaporous vigor over the years). Photo is not of the actual ski, but photo is the same year/model/color as this ski. Ski is in essentially new condition (never having been used, but, let's not go there... I'm over it, really. Really! Ok, I'm mostly over it.). Anyway, if interested, get in touch, and let's work out how to get it to you.

Inthedaybishop8950BroussardHallpassIGskiSkoot1123Oldkierkeithh2oskierjpattigr

Comments

• UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,937 Mega Baller
    PMd you
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
  • MastercrafterMastercrafter Posts: 433 Crazy Baller
    I’ll take it and set up shipping if still available. Will be used for “passing the handle” to some interested young blood on our lake.
  • richfosterrichfoster Posts: 136 Baller
    I don’t need the ski ,but this post is the funniest I’ve read in a while!
  • Keith_MenardKeith_Menard Posts: 826 Mega Baller
    1. The TRA might be the best value in waterskiing.
    2. The WWC is a great organization, they are hosting an adaptive ski day this week and partnered with me on Swaterski, the event that raised about $15k to fight brain cancer.

You failed as a parent (I too am a boarder with a ski racer kid(s)) but you are knocking it out of the park as a person.
    jim_spregomjjackkrashrfa
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,937 Mega Baller
    Bummed to have missed it but glad to see it going to such a worthy recipient. That little stick finally gets to fulfill its destiny, like those messed up toys from the Rudolph Christmas special did at the end.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
    jim_sKeith_Menard
  • pregompregom Posts: 355 Solid Baller
    Thank you, @jim_s - I am the person from the Webster Waterski Collective that reached out to see if the ski was available. As our President has already said to you, "We have a good amount of young slalom skiers that will love the ski!"

So, on behalf of the entire Ski Club, thank you!
    jim_sBruce_Butterfieldbrodybikesrus
  • jim_sjim_s Posts: 30 Baller
    @pregom - LOVE IT!! :-) Thanks for posting a pic!
    Than_Bogan