2022 Radar Vapor Boots - unboxing

HortonHorton Posts: 31,402 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

ZmanS1PittscruznskirobmollysilverlakeKRoundyMateo_VargasdthateA_BGloersenSkoot1123ShakeskiToddA

Comments

• thagerthager Posts: 5,374 Mega Baller
    Damn, really well thought out. I need, I need......
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • skiboynyskiboyny Posts: 292 Baller
    Release? Leave them loose?
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,454 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Awesome
    Shut up and ski
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 541 Crazy Baller
    Wow - Awesome and well made looking boot!
    The single plate seems to have holes for a reflex (-style) horseshoe and release mechanism pre-drilled.
    So @Zman might have been up to something here:
    https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/25840/what-is-radar-up-to

That would be really, really exciting!
    Zman
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 458 Baller
    Hey @Horton can you do a follow up video with the front boot on a reflex plate with the release mechanism? I’ll have to dig through my stash of super secret pics to find the ones I have. I think skiers here will really want to see that option set up. Also how easy is it to release from the rear with the top half of shell removed?
    DavidN
    @Horton can I put the boot on my current single plate that I have my Mikto-just on?
    Shut up and ski
  • SkiphreakSkiphreak Posts: 22 Baller
    @Horton I’m assuming the sequence plate universal to any brand ski?
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 721 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @The_MS the mounting hole pattern for the boot is the same as before. Awesome looking boot can’t wait to get one to try.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    Thanks @mmosley899
    Shut up and ski
    @Horton ….Actually that’s the word I just got. Can be used with reflex but they can’t promote due to liability . If u look hard you will see a couple pros running though Found my pics but after being told that I will not post them
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,915 Mega Baller
    toe cap removable for rear hybrid usage?
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,469 Mega Baller
    Got one on order!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

mmosley899
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 672 Crazy Baller
    You guys are missing the boot, I mean the binding - water ski footwear (you get the idea)
    Andre Broussard | Action Water Sports | SkiBennetts |
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,915 Mega Baller
    @C5Quest if thats true I hope they get their own plate out or simply show the feature in the instructions with a disclaimer that the release should only be used by experienced individuals with professional set up in controlled tournament conditions blah blah Not to be construed as legal guidance but including the feature but not testing or advising is bad.

Consider if a car comes with a 2" trailer receiver and a manual that doesn't clearly mention or discuss the receiver. A buyer would reasonably assume the receiver is intended to be used to tow. Stating that the receiver is only for off road use or bike racks changes the scenario but inclusion of the feature is problematic. Better to state heel ledge interface is to be used only for tournament skiing in controlled conditions by experienced skiers when properly set. Or sell the ledge as a bolt on part separately with its own instructions.
    ski6jones
  • Nickpep22Nickpep22 Posts: 3 New Baller
    Soooo much want
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,374 Mega Baller
    Das boot!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    jjackkrash
  • RayRay Posts: 4 New Baller
    Could you tell us if the sole is thickner/ thinner compare to the 2021 vapor and if it's completely flat inside the boot ( no protrusions for the t-nuts inserts)? Overall weight?

Thanks!
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,345 Mega Baller
    edited August 11
    Awesome design on allowing the heel to flex. I find the current one too stiff and prefer more forward and back motion - BINGO!!

I am so glad they modified the Vapor boots, because I literally ripped out the back rubber on two of my old Strada boots this year and have one left (now with glued seams) with an older Vapor (Black and Blue with rubber back) and I was just thinking about what to do next. I have two Sequence plates setup and take both to lake just in case I tear one...

I was a double boot guy for 45 years until I tried the Radar Hybrid RTP last year. Just didn't get comfortable on a regular RTP.

Radar truly is making some innovative products and their customer service is second to none.

mmosley899
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 1,163 Mega Baller
    Sick!
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,322 Mega Baller
    @C5Quest I'm wondering "what liability"? Liability from injury claims or patent infringement?
    Don't bindings come with the disclaimer "could cause injury or death" anymore?
    If they designed it so it fits a Reflex release I would think they could be liable if they sold it even if they don't claim compatibility. If it "coincidentally" fits into a Reflex release, yeah lawyers can see through that. Then I wonder about patent claims. Reflex didn't design the release after all...
    Definitely a cool design if it does fit Reflex, though!
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/99/09/D051CEF3-1658-42E3-B54A-5993C3169DBB/tmp.gif

Just the word I got from someone in the know. Didn’t get all the details. As I’ve mentioned before, there are a couple pros using the set up already. Look hard at the start dock vids of this year’s tournaments. So I guess it’s already proven to work. Use at own risk and wrap yourself with a warning label.
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 721 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @BraceMaker yes, the toe cap is removable and actually allows for interchangeable sizes to adjust boot sizing. The cuff is removable also. Of note the cuff can be fixed position or articulating.

@Ray the bottom might be slightly thicker, and I was told there is an insert to make the inside sole flat but I did not take the liner out.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    Ray
    edited August 11
    Saaweeet can’t wait
    So the million dollar question now is with a slanted heal like that where do you measure Bf from??
    skierjp
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 691 Crazy Baller
    Looks like masterpiece. Smart guys! Wondering about lead time ))
    Unregistered
    AkBob
  • raynrayn Posts: 420 Solid Baller
    edited August 11
    Can I assume they release the old way or in the reflex style way? Disclaimer: I just started on the Carbitex boot and liked it soooo much, I bought a backup to have for when this one ages out.
    Ray Newmark -
    Radar Rocks.
    They are top notch in all phases of being a company
    Shut up and ski
    Zmanigkyaski603
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,881 Mega Baller
    edited August 12
    Wow. Works with a Reflex release. Or, on one of the standard Radar plates.
    Very cool. "True Hybrid" boot.
    Who would have thought... B)
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,881 Mega Baller
    edited August 12
    @rayn Yes.
    I also have two pair of Carbitex boots that I really like. Gotta ski more so i wear these durable puppies out, or wear them out just a little, then grab this new Vapor boot.
    SkiOrDie