Chicago Waterski Club

alexhowealexhowe Posts: 3 New Baller
Hi, My friend and I are recent graduates from University of Michigan’s Waterski Team and are moving to Chicago in September. We would love to meet some people who also ski and maybe find a local ski lake or ski club! Let me know if anyone has suggestions!!!
Shakeski

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 5,139 Mega Baller
    edited August 2021
    Chicago chicago or Chicago suburbs?
  • alexhowealexhowe Posts: 3 New Baller
    Both? We are moving but also willing to drive a bit to ski
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 5,139 Mega Baller
    There are quite a few private sites but all a good ways out. You’d have to meet the skiers.

For a commercial enterprise:
    https://www.forestlakeadventures.com/
    http://www.theliquidedge.com/

@6balls had a place

Otherwise you guys missed an opportunity to head to nationals and network, but all the private sites are going to be know a guy type sets.
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 1,008 Crazy Baller
    Contact the club in Janesville Wisc. Rock Aqua Jays. They are a BIG organization and will know what's available in Illinois as well and hopefully provide you some contacts.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 6,113 Mega Baller
    Laurie's Quarry is where my friend skis who lives in Barrington. It's probably closest to Tower Lakes and not far from the river.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 1,008 Crazy Baller
    edited August 2021
    There also used to be a course and jump at Lambs Farm, North of NW burbs near Great America / Six Flags . No idea if there anymore.
  • fruityrumdrinksfruityrumdrinks Posts: 6 New Baller
    there is a list of clubs in Illinois at robertsski.com
  • JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 497 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @MDB1056 Lamb’s Farm course long gone :(
  • georgegeorge Posts: 10 Baller
    Hi Alex! A friend and I ski on the Illinois River off William G. Stratton State Park, which is just over an hour from downtown Chicago. We typically ski once a week on a weekday so there's less traffic. There's no course but miles & miles of flat water most of the time. Let us know if you'd like to join us sometime.
    gsm_peter