2022 Vapor Settings

TonyTTonyT Posts: 14 Baller
Has anyone successfully tried fin settings, other than stock, on the 2022 vapor? 67", 190 lbs. Reflex Boots, Run 35 50% of the time. Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Keith_MenardKeith_Menard Posts: 754 Mega Baller
    15 off, 34 skier on my best day. 170lb, 67", just matched my best pass on it after about 6 times on the ski. Vapor front kicker rear.

I will say, it rides different than my 2017 vapor...similar, but different. I was going to tweak the fin a bit, but found it more effective (right now) to stay stock and learn the ski more. It likes to lean, it does NOT like to be turned. I learned that last night at 4 ball :)
  • bigtex2011bigtex2011 Posts: 630 Crazy Baller
    My wife has 2021 had pretty good luck with the older radar settings or 2.480, 6870. She runs 32 off
    dvskier
    @bigtex2011 I think the 22 is a whole new profile
  • bigtex2011bigtex2011 Posts: 630 Crazy Baller
    @Keith_Menard gotcha. thx
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 672 Crazy Baller
    The 2022 Vapor is a completely different ski than the 2021.
    Andre Broussard | Action Water Sports | SkiBennetts |
    jimskiHortonShakeskikurt
    I am surprised there hasn't been much chatter about the ski... people just not had them long enough?
  • rq0013rq0013 Posts: 572 Solid Baller
    I’ve had 3 sets on mine. Running stock settings and it feels great. Just as fast or low effort as the 21 but I feel like I have more grip and control. Offside turn is something I haven’t felt in awhile. The ski turns!
    Rob Quetschke
    UWSkierskier2788
  • AliAli Posts: 226 Baller
    Got mine, settings are stock, 1 set going from the 20 which had Denali fin. Skied my average on 1st set [email protected]/32off, but not my best [email protected]/35off. Onside is awesome, but need to work out gate as it slows down quicker. Need some offside practice to understand it. Tempted to put my Denali fin on it but will maybe give it another set with standard blade. Builds great angle into the wake, feels as fast as 20 too and the white is very pretty.

I am often Bambi on ice on a new ski but ran passes right away on this one.

Some random thoughts!!

Cheers
    Ali
    Skoot1123
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 500 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @TonyT I’ve ridden quite a few settings on the ski, but always ended up back at:
    66”
    29 1/4
    That’s pretty close to stock.
    I know quite a few of us on the team hover around there.

AliTonyT
  • SkiBadgerSkiBadger Posts: 19 New Baller
    Would like to other's thoughts and recommendation for the vapor ski length for a skier @ 170lb / 5'-9" / 32mph.
    AkBob
    @SkiBadger Pretty similar to where I am...very happy with the 67
    TonyT
  • TonyTTonyT Posts: 14 Baller
    Thanks for the help.

Fin forward a little?
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 458 Baller
    I’ve had about 5 sets on my 2021. Still trying figure it out. Still run my average every set (about 3-4 @-32/34mph). It’s fast and smooth and offside great when I’m forward. I’m having a tough time with a clean smooth glide before the gates. It wants to slow more quickly than my 20/21. If I so much as go flat for a second it gets twitchy and I get hit in the face with spray. Still trying to get a smooth turn in and go.
    It wants to be on angle at all times. Once it rolls over it takes off. In the course it’s solid and recovers quickly if u get out of wack. Holds angle really well and when I get in the right position I’m earlier than I’ve ever been. On pull out at end of course I always try to stand tall and glide until sink. Is slows quickly and doesn’t feel anything like my 21 where I had to purposefully lean back and slow before running out of pond.
    Running stock 66 settings and will stay there for a while. It’s definitely worth a demo if you can. Very different feel from other Radars. I may try the 65 Senate Pro next.
    Skied today and made a couple tweaks. Finally got my gate glide figured out and back up to speed. Getting a good pull and letting it run slightly longer than I did with the 2021 with more angle on the turn it as opposed to slower turn it. Super early and loving the 22. Might try Cole G’s numbers next.
    @ColeGiacopuzzi how’s the ski with DFT at .761?
    edited August 21
    @TonyT @C5Quest yes I usually always end up going a bit forward on most of our skis, I like a little bit more slide at the finish. @C5Quest just think slow out and slow up on that glide, control the line. The great thing people will find with this ski, is you don’t have that feeling that you have to climb up on it, it’s extremely forgiving and allows the ski to turn no matter where you’re. Also even if you make a mistake it still pulls and pulls and builds and creates angle better than any other ski I've ridden.

@SkiBadger id go 66” for sure.
    pc
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 343 Crazy Baller
    First 2 sets on mine, settings are stock 67” and I’m super impressed. My off-side is not quite there yet compared to the C85 I’ve been riding, but the on-side was absolutely killer. Right up to my practice norms off the dock, and within a buoy of my all time best in set #2. Great job Radar! This is the third new ski I’ve been on this season and I instantly felt at home on it.
    ColeGiacopuzzi
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,608 Mega Baller
    @Bdecker - what are the stock settings for the 67? They don't seem to be on the Radar website. I have access to a 2022 to try, just want to start with stock settings (I'm on a 2021 currently).
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 1,163 Mega Baller
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,608 Mega Baller
    @Gloersen - Thanks. Wasn't on their site in the usual place (you know, the fin settings page), but after you posted, found it under the actual 2022 ski ordering page...
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 1,163 Mega Baller
    @Roger let us know what you think of it
  • MastercrafterMastercrafter Posts: 121 Baller
    If anyone is interested, I have a 2022 67" Pro Build for sale. Used 8 passes, basically new.

DETAILS HERE
    Anyone experimenting with other settings. I’m still running stock but may move Bf a hair forward. Onside good. Off side has sucked lately but that’s been me getting in the tail mostly. This ski is something else.
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 343 Crazy Baller
    Set #4 yesterday and for the first time in the 11 years I’ve been skiing 34, the purple loop went down with no caveats (I’ve run a few slightly slow). Still running stock settings and boots at 29.75”. Offside took a set or two to get right but feels awesome now. Onside is tremendous. I’m finding wider and early lines than ever.
    rfaAliSkoot1123
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,805 Mega Baller
    First ride this morning on my 2022 Senate Pro. I'm on a 69" and coming from a 2019 Senate Lithium 71"

The 2019 is for sale.

I've never ridden a ski that "just turns" like this one. The off-side is just money. Off-side has always been my issue on my previous Radars. I always feel like I need to wait a tick before turning back in on my offside. This is different. I don't need to be patient at all on my offside turn. It just rips right under the line and points cross-course, and my hips just finish in a stronger position naturally. It's the most confidence-inspiring ride I've ever had. You can just throw the ski out there and know it'll be there to support you.

Running factory numbers with size 14 double Vapors on a sequence plate.

This was on open water. Hoping to get on the course within the week. My PB is [email protected] at 34 MPH. Feels like 28 is going down on this thing for sure.

@Chris Rossi you are a freakin wizard m8!
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
    ALPJrChris RossiKRoundy
  • SethroSethro Posts: 343 Crazy Baller
    I've been on a 2016 69.5" Vapor since I purchased new in 2016. I'm really thinking Senate is my next ski, and I'm intrigued by the lithium vs. pro build. The 2016 Vapor has the PVC core, so any comments if I'd really notice a difference in the Senate lithium vs. Senate pro build? Ok, I'll say it...is there really a $600 difference in performance with the PMI core?
  • KubaKuba Posts: 7 Baller
    Is there anybody who can say something about the diffrences between the 2021 and the 2022 Vapor. I tried the 2022 Vapor and it feels reliable and stable with great onside turns but I miss the speed. Perhaps the 2021 is faster??? Any ideas?
  • BS74BS74 Posts: 167 Baller
    I have a 2021 Senate Pro, 10 to 12 sets , $1025 delivered price in US
    Chris Rossi
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,079 Crazy Baller
    Ski partner has a 2022 vapor looks real good on it. He was on a 2021 22 turns better and looks like it also slows /shuts down more His -35 are very consistent on the new ski
    Bdeckerrawly
    edited September 10
    @Kuba the biggest things you’ll feel between the and 21 and 22 is the 22 Pulls from ball to 1st wake better and it takes more angle And keeps building angle. Which in turn puts you in a better spot before the buoy to run that wider line because it creates more pace. The great thing about it too is you don’t feel like you have to climb over the front like you have in the past to get it to roll underneath you. With 22 the sweet spot is huge and wherever you’re standing on the ski coming into the buoy it just feels more automatic; it turns and goes.
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,881 Mega Baller
    @ColeGiacopuzzi I guess you could say the same regarding key differences between the 19 and 22?
    The_MS