World Championships

Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 278 Solid Baller
The World's will be upon us soon and at a great site too.

Has the US team been chosen?

What are your predictions and what do you look forward to?

Comments

• Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 278 Solid Baller
    Thx @Broussard . I'm not a fan of USA Waterski website so I kinda avoid it. Looks like the team will be announced soon. Not like the old days with Team Trials....
  • ETskierETskier Posts: 81 Baller
    USA fans, start praying. If our bunch skies well, we can win. A lot of strong international teams. Team competition is going to be exciting.
    Cooper_Trelawney
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 672 Crazy Baller
    @Cooper_Trelawney Yeah, it's not great. Took me a while to find it.

I would have thought the team would have already been selected by now.
    Andre Broussard | Action Water Sports | SkiBennetts |
    brettmaineraupatking
    The World's at Sunset Lakes is about a month away now.

I'm looking forward to the Men's Overall competition. The overall world record has been increased a few times this year and there are some really strong contenders.

Will Regina be healed up enough to compete?

Will defending champs Joel Howley and Jacenta Carroll make it out of Australia to defend their titles?

Will 41 off be run?

Will Ryan Dodd be recovered to compete?

So many story lines and this is the first World Championships in the US at a premium site in a while!
    rockdog
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 664 Crazy Baller
    edited September 8
    I'll look forward another round of whinging and complaining when the site gets blown out for finals by those who don't win.
    Any word on the US Team for the Worlds yet? @Broussard posted a link to the USA Waterski Site saying the team would be announced on or around Sept. 14th...
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,311 Mega Baller
    Athletes that have been selected to the 2021 U.S. Elite Water Ski Team are (alphabetical order): Brooke Baldwin (Winter Garden, Fla.,), Taylor Garcia (Winter Garden, Fla.), Anna Gay (Winter Garden, Fla.), Freddy Krueger (Winter Garden, Fla.), Erika Lang (Gilbert, Ariz.) and Nate Smith (McCordsville, Ind.).

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Water-Ski/News/2021/September/15/Six-Athletes-Selected-To-US-Elite-Water-Ski-Team
    ALPJrCooper_TrelawneyObrienslalomshoeskiman
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,696 Mega Baller
    edited September 18
    I’m the last guy to care about trick but, we don’t have a male tricker on the team? We have 2 women trickers.
    Maybe I’d understand if I read the criteria. Never mind, that made it more confusing. 2 male jumpers. 2 female trickers. Interesting choices
    Cooper_Trelawney
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 1,230 Mega Baller
    Looks like Winter Garden Fl is well represented. (especially as Smith owns a house and spends 1/2 his time here.)

Of course what water ski tournament isn't, especially after you add in the international skiers that live her.
    I think we are going to miss Regina Jaquess on the US team big time. Brooke is a strong 3 eventer but I think Regina would have been favored to medal in overall, slalom and jump. Too bad she got injured this year.

I can imagine Canada is bringing a strong team. Should make for a tough team competition.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,305 Mega Baller
    Regina is registered for the Malibu Open. Hope she's not trying to come back too soon.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,355 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I heard she ran -38 last week.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 1,015 Mega Baller
    Any word on Joel Howley? I would really like to see him have an opportunity to defend.
    ClydesdaleCooper_Trelawney
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 664 Crazy Baller
    Not viable due to travel restrictions. Shame.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,355 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Spoiler alert: I will not be skiing Elite Worlds this year.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    jimbrakeBraceMakerkeithh2oskierjayski
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 1,048 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Jacinta Carroll is on the running order for the Holy Cow Cup at Fluid this weekend so she must be in the country.
  • BS74BS74 Posts: 167 Baller
    Confused on divisions from website. What is men's1 thru men's 7, and same with women?
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,311 Mega Baller
    @BS74 The skier ski in "Series" Since they cant pull them all in one day and allows them to break up the skiing to pull different events each day. Top skiers will be in the last series or series 1.
    BS74
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,881 Mega Baller
    @lpskier Dang it! I had you on my Fantasy Ski picks.
  • BG1BG1 Posts: 218 Baller
    I looked at the Worlds schedule of events on the IWWF website and it shows Men 7, Men 6, Men 5…Men 1. Is Men 1 the top seeds and Men 7 the bottom seeds?