Nautique 206 will not crank PCM 330

Hello,

I have a 2003 Nautique 206 (PCM EX 330 GM) and it will not crank. The battery is now new. The starter works and is new, can be jumped, and the relays are all new and good. The lanyard switch is good as the dash pod gauges lights up after the code is entered. The Alternator is now new. The neutral switch is good. When jumping the starter, it will not start. When I push the start button, I can hear the relay clicking, but no starter. Where should I go now? Thanks!

Comments

• aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,696 Mega Baller
    What do you mean, “can be jumped”? You say the “when jumping the starter, it will not crank”. My 02 will light up the gauges with the kill switch lanyard pulled, but will not start. Reading what you have described, sounds like the kill switch itself may be bad.
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 423 Crazy Baller
    Please be more specific about "jumping the starter". If you run battery power directly to the starter hot terminal, the starter should spin as you've bypassed the relays. Is that happening?
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,374 Mega Baller
    Check the spade connectors on the back of the kill switch also. My 02 magically disconnected once. Spade female was loose and male connector just fell out.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • buechsrbuechsr Posts: 149 Baller
    I'm kind of with thager, as op's explanation that (he believes) since the dash pod gauges are lighting doesn't have anything to do with the lanyard switch. I don't think that rules out kill switch at all. But, I don't understand OPs terminology. He says the starter can be "jumped" and then later says it will not "start"...are we talking about a no fire condition or no turn over condition? The screwdriver jump can be used to turn starter over but if its not "firing" then I'd start at the kill switch. I can't speak for sure in nautiques but in many Malibus the kill switch will not keep the engine from turning over, it will only prevent it from running (firing).
    aupatking