T-factor users

dislanddisland Posts: 1,504 Mega Baller
edited October 4 in Skis Fins Bindings
Question for folks using T-factors

1. How tight do you cinch the bungee. I noticed Nate pulls it pretty tight
2. Do you use the factory bungee or change to a thicker chord?
Dave Island- Princeton Lakes

Comments

• Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,315 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    Love the Tfactors, use them as they are, pull them tight, never failed to release when needed.
    Basically adjust them to what you are comfortable with.
    Caviat: all bindings carry a risk factor

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

mylemskyMDB1056Than_Bogan
  • h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 355 Crazy Baller
    I use a front T-Factor. Size M. Shoe size is a mens 9.5. The binding itself is pretty tight and holds my foot well. I still use the original cinch and just snug it up. Once this one wears out, I'm ordering another. Great binding in my opinion.
    mylemskyMDB1056
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,661 Crazy Baller
    I pull 'em both tight. (front and rear)
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • ralral Posts: 1,945 Mega Baller
    How is the fit compared to the Leverage? Can you ski a long set in warm water without foot pain and cramping?
    Rodrigo Andai
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 877 Crazy Baller
    I use the original bungees. Pull them both snug (front snd rear) . Just finally replaced one cord that frayed after about 5 yrs. Great bindings. Great support.
  • Kwoody51Kwoody51 Posts: 134 Baller
    edited October 4
    I have original bungie cords. I have the bottom cord set such that I don’t tighten or loosen it at all.

Top I have setup very loose.

I’m a 11.5 in a large so my foot is plenty tight without the cords adding anything.
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 469 Open or Level 9 Skier
    I pull them tight every time I put the ski on. I replace the bungees, with same diameter every 3 months or so as they lose elasticity. I just bought 10 feet of them and has lasted for a few years.
  • dbaconazdbaconaz Posts: 142 Baller
    Love these bindings!!! Pull them tight to limit slip but I never over tighten.
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,166 Mega Baller
    No cramping. They feel like a cozy slipper compared to a Leverage. I pull the laces as tight as I can and use the factory laces. Best rubber binding I have ever used by far.
    ral
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,504 Mega Baller
    Thanks ballers, I am super happy with mine also, going to experiment with a little tighter now,

Dave
  • pregompregom Posts: 355 Solid Baller
    I love my t-factor. I have it for my front foot only and I have a toe plate for the back foot. The only issue I had is with the little cincher. I grabbed it by mistake to tighten things instead of grabbing the bungee itself and the whole cincher ended in the lake. Zip ties can prevent that.

• skimtbskimtb Posts: 543 Crazy Baller
    edited October 5
    Hmmm. Longtime Wiley’s user here. Pros / cons of t factor? Not sure I’m ready for hard shell, although more lateral stiffness may be nice?
    Wiley’s always release when needed so I’ve never changed….
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,504 Mega Baller
    More control on the edge to edge, looser feel and better release forward
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,315 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    Tfactor gives great Lateral Support, but there is easier movement fwd and aft, the fwd movement allows easier ankle flex the aft movement helps reduce tip rise..

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 355 Crazy Baller
    @ral I use a Tfactor on my slalom and a leverage on my trick. Comparing these can be a little difficult because the leverage tightness has a lot to do with how tight you have the overlays, where as the Tfactor has a little more adjustment with the cinch cord. Never had an issue with cramping other than my leverage does seem to squeeze my toes down a little tighter. I have the leverage overlays set where I need a spritz of 303/lube to slam my foot in the binding in colder temps. No 303 needed on the Tfactor.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,092 Crazy Baller
    Foot size 11 med front t factor
    Pull stock bungee tight

Shoe laces on the bottom