Site News

HortonHorton Posts: 31,830 Administrator
edited November 2021 in Site Info & Instructions
I just made a scary number of changes to the back end of the site. Please let me know if anyone sees any (technical) weirdness today.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

dbaconaz

Comments

• SlalomSteveSlalomSteve Posts: 127 Baller
    If I ski crappy today, can I blame you?
    Keith_MenardigkyaRazorRoss3Zman
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,839 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Now we can set the profile as “private”? Who are the authorized users who can see the private profiles?
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board

• HortonHorton Posts: 31,830 Administrator
    @klindy your email and IP are invisible to all. The rest of the data is voluntary and not particularly personal.

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

@Horton when I clicked on someone’s icon before the screen said “profile is private” and displayed no other info. That’s why I asked the question.
    Keith Lindemulder

• CnewbertCnewbert Posts: 426 Crazy Baller
    edited October 2021
    @Horton I’m not sure what changes you made, but I can no longer send a message to another baller. After I input the recipient it disappears as soon as I try to enter text in the main body.

Also, an entire thread as disappeared. There was a thread titled “Worlds” are something close to that concerning the current world championship. When I clicked on it yesterday to read the new posts I got a screen saying the page I am looking for no longer exists. Did you delete the thread or has something gone amiss? Thanks.
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,399 Mega Baller
    I don’t know if it is a recent change but I use to be able to see who disliked or disagreed or thought a comment was off topic. I can only see who liked or thought comment was awesome.

Is this a policy now or is my ID missing something?
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,766 Mega Baller
    @Horton on the forum page the search icon is missing, on mobile, iPhone w/ iSO 14.8
    @Horton,

This is what I see when I (presumably) click on a users profile which is marked private.

Keith Lindemulder

• HortonHorton Posts: 31,830 Administrator
    I am doing some edits to the site config that I can not get to work correctly. If the site is down for a few minutes there is no need to email me.