GiveGo GoPro BallOfSpray Contest

HortonHorton Posts: 32,350 Administrator
edited February 11 in GiveGo GoPro Contest

How to enter the GiveGo GoPro contest.

Once you have received your lesson back from your GiveGo.io coach you can download it and share it with the following steps.

1) At the end of the lesson there is a popup page with a number of options. One of these options is to “Share or save this session”. This will download the lesson video to your device.

2) Once you have the lesson on your devise upload it to YouTube

3) Paste the link of your YouTube video lesson in the GiveGo GoPro BallOfSpray Contest thread or email it to me

4) If you do not have a YouTube account and you still want to enter you can enter by sending me the video file some other way. Shoot me an email and we will work it out. [email protected] ( DO NOT try to send the video file by email)

5) MAKE SURE @ Horton knows about your entry AND/OR let @ Horton know is you have any issues

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

03RLXiaupatkingToddAALPJr503KentodbaconaztsixamColeGiacopuzzi

Comments

• DaveDDaveD Posts: 1,056 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited January 25
    @Horton
    Did you really recommend we stop drinking beer? Come on man!
    dbaconaz
  • Keith_MenardKeith_Menard Posts: 811 Mega Baller
    Still Apple only?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,350 Administrator
    edited January 25
    @KRoundy
    Feel free to submit your two previous GiveGo lessons to the the contest. All you have to do is export the lesson video and send it to me by dropbox or post it to YouTube and send me the link. Let me know if you have any questions.

@DaveD
    That is another thread...

@Keith_Menard
    yes you need an Apple device you submit to GiveGo. Personally I shoot all my video on an Android phone or on a GoPro and then upload to GiveGo with an iPad.

Get some coaching and a chance to win a GoPro 10 Black.

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

Just to be clear.... I will randomly pick a name out of a hat from the videos submitted. You can enter as many videos' as you like.

• KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 609 Crazy Baller
    @Horton When you say, "send it to me", do you mean post it here? Send you a link in an email?
    edited February 7
    what I would prefer that you do is download the lesson and then publish it on YouTube and put the link here. if you're not technically savvy to do all that you can simply put the lesson in Dropbox and I can do the rest

Somebody has to go first… I wish I was a super-awesome skier but I’m not. But I love this instruction from Chris Rossi. I’m going to work on stepping into my turn on my offside and keeping those elbows tucked in from the offside to the turn.

RednucleusVernon ReeveJmoski03RLXi
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 802 Mega Baller
    Yeah, "it's real simple" lol!!
  • Vernon ReeveVernon Reeve Posts: 108 Baller
    Great explanation for stepping in. Exactly what I need also. Thanks!
  • DanoDano Posts: 216 Baller

ALPJr
    I think this contest would be really cool if you had to submit video that was taken at Tate Lake, like these first two.
    Tate lake is such a great place, we are very fortunate Greg is willing to share his space, and he's an awesome guy to get to know a little too. The support and accessibility of prominent industry professionals in this sport is phenomenal. I can't remember what I paid for givego but it was cheap, and I got coaching from Marcus Brown, a living icon of the sport. I'll be doing this again for sure. I recently bought a new to me ski and had some questions. that particular ski brand has a "chat" option on their website. So i tried it out to ask a few questions thinking a random employee would be responding. Turns out Terry Winter is the guy answering my questions. Many of the other pros do similar things and share their wisdom in various ways, Ball of Spray, Youtube, IG, facebook, etc.... That is cool on every level. If you haven't tried Givego out yet, I encourage you to give it a try especially if getting in person coaching is difficult for you. (here in southern BC Canada it's pretty much impossible).
    KRoundy
    edited February 11
    I agree 100%. Greg is an awesome guy, an amazing skier and Tate is a very special place. I see you got to ski behind “Old Smoky” in that video too. That thing is legendary. :) I also have to agree with you on GiveGo. I got a lesson from Chris Rossi. How amazing is that!?!? Get an account and send in some videos everybody! You will not regret it!
    @kroundy not old smoky in that video. that's my brothers boat.
    KRoundy
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 388 Solid Baller

Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
    ski6jonesjmvana1

This was my second session, still have the issue of pushing my ski out in front of me. Hard to work on because I don't realize I'm doing it. I'll be focusing on this starting with my first set this Spring.
    ski6jonesSkirvind
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,311 Mega Baller
    @jedgell isn't that true with most things skiing, you don't realize you're doing it. I have a love/hate relationship with video for that reason. Video don't lie. Good skiing!
    Carl Addington, Cedar Ridge, MS
    @ski6jones yeah nothing better than skiing what you think was a great pass to then watch the video and see that you weren’t doing any of the things you’ve been working on…. But I typically record every set, and it definitely helps.
    ski6jones
  • lundberglundberg Posts: 123 Baller
  • 503Kento503Kento Posts: 160 Baller

Thanks @Tgas
    Get high, get fast, and do some good work
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,784 Mega Baller
    edited March 21
    T-Gas coaching me on offside turn body position. Thank you @Tgas
  • MichaelWiebeMichaelWiebe Posts: 191 Solid Baller
    Nice coaching video on the offside turn body position. I have the same opportunity. The "what" is clear. It would be nice to have more clarity on the "how to do". Thanks.
    @MichaelWiebe I know what you mean. At one point he says to keep my position, head shoulders and front knee, all in alignment over the front of the ski. I believe that is the key to what he’s saying
    @Horton any limit to number of entries?
    @aupatking more the merrier. keep them coming

Pretty sure we all think of Natalia Berdnikova as a world class trick and jump coach, but I really appreciate the breakdown she is giving me here. Yeah, I blew my gate from the pullout (first pass in a steep tailwind so I took the pullout way too easy), but aside from that, I’ve got a big time problem in a fundamental, that I never knew was a problem. T-Gas pointed it out last session and now Natiski is able to shed a little more light to help me get on the good foot, as mr James Brown would say.
    The audio has a bit of wind noise, so could be a little better, but I’m still 100% happy with what she gave me. I’m also happy Boomer threw in his opinion too.
  • SlalomSteveSlalomSteve Posts: 147 Baller
    edited April 22
    Lesson from @ColeGiacopuzzi. 32mph/15off