Can you name skiers that won MASTERS or WORLD titles while in Boys or Girls division

swbcaswbca Posts: 707 Crazy Baller
edited February 8 in News & Other Stuff
For starters, Billy Spencer won the WORLD slalom-trick-overall titles and the MASTERS slalom title at age 13. That was easy, so he quit to focus on his football.

Leroy Burnett won the Masters and set a World Record while in the Boys division.
Home of the world's first submersible slalom course
Cooper_TrelawneyALPJr

Comments

• swbcaswbca Posts: 707 Crazy Baller
    edited February 8
    Billy Spencer age 13. . . (didn't intend to double post ) Its more fun to tell if you've seen them ski in person. I was watching Billy Spencer from the pickup boat when he skied at the 1964 Nationals in Webster Massachusetts. So Boys must have skied right after the Men's event. As expected his score was more than a full pass higher than Joker Osborn who won in Men's division.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,783 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    KLP won the Masters at age 14 and again at 15.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Cooper_TrelawneyBigGerald3
  • Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 346 Crazy Baller
    Ricky McCormick?
    Wayne Grimditch?
    Sammy or Carl or Cory Pickos?
    Maybe one or some of them make your list?
    Travis Anderson, Texas waterfront REALTOR
    swbca
  • LuzzLuzz Posts: 635 Open or Level 9 Skier
    I know Michale Briant won W Tricks US Masters in 2007. I can't recall if she was 17 or 18.
  • swbcaswbca Posts: 707 Crazy Baller
    edited February 9
    @drew I believe your son is the youngest skier near the open-men top in slalom. Have the pros put slalom scores out of reach for Boys and Girls divisions, or am I missing somebody ?

Its my impression that the good slalom skiers and the top slalom skiers weren't so far apart decades ago, as in the era of Kris LaPoint, Billy Spencer and Leroy Burnett. Global competition and modern skis ?