2022 Radar Vapor Boot measure point?

thagerthager Posts: 5,566 Mega Baller
edited February 13 in Skis Fins Bindings
@brooks
Where on the 2022 boot heel do I measure front boot to tail distance from? Site mentions bottom of boot I believe? Boot heel is angled. Tape measures have a lip that varies in size depending on width of tape measure affecting the measurements if this is the actual location. Also with the 22 boot how much variance is there compared to older Vapor boot set ups. Sorry, if I sound like an Engineer! At present I am using the heel ledge. Thanks!
Stir vigorously then leave!

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 32,524 Administrator
    edited February 13

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

• thagerthager Posts: 5,566 Mega Baller
    Confirmed answer via Brooks thru @Horton is "Bottom of heel". Thx!
    skialex
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,566 Mega Baller
    Remind me not to go on BOS after a few Sweetwater IPAs!! Sheeesh!!!
    ski6jones
  • smilinjimsmilinjim Posts: 24 Baller
    After a week of tuning this is what I found.
    Moving from T-Factors to new Vapor,

Part 1: with one foot in each boot and your feet positioned at the same distance from a wall the measuring point difference (back of rubber vs back of hard shell) is 3/8" with the Radar being further forward.

Part 2: The radar boot when positioned as far forward as allowed with factory mounting features allow, your foot position ends up 1/8" back of T-Factor when TF is mounted in the neutral position (center hole).

To compensate for this, shift the mounting features for the hard shell forward about 1/2" on the plate. (easy if you have 2 plates, just screw them together using the center mounting holes and spot new holes)

So if your making a switch while you can measure off the heal of the shell you still need to compensate for where your foot really is on the ski.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 1,234 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited February 21
    @smilinjim I’m thinking Radar already has that variable built into their measurement.
    For their skies probably. If your on something else and you are transitioning to their boots you need to check it. For my case I couldn't get my foot on the ski in the same place without modifying the plate.

To be clear, Not complaining just pointing it out. The new boots are fantastic.
    If someone has switched to them and can't seem to get the ski working right they may want to look into this.
    thagerDeanoski
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 478 Baller
    Just get the Radar sequence plate and have ability to move them 1/16. Problem solved
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,134 Crazy Baller
    No standard insert location every brand boot matched other brands different

Putting a t factor on an ho had to replace d3 base plate to a ho with the standard d3 plate it was 3/4 to far forward

Shit happens when you cross different brands with different skis

Always measure and check your settings

skialex
    @C5Quest I have the plate but it is in NY and I am in FL. Changing over next week.