AWSA Rule Book Updates

HortonHorton Posts: 32,399 Administrator
edited February 22 in News & Other Stuff

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

Comments

• RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 971 Mega Baller
    I love this rationale it says something about our demograhpics

"a rated Technical
    Controller shall be considered fully qualified to operate the computer
    while working with an appropriately rated judge.
    Rationale: TCs are sometimes way better at the operation of computers than the judges.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,783 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    With three (or more- Splasheye, Corson and Video Tape Measure), there’s a lot of technology to stay current with. If you only judge jump a couple times a year, you could be in over your head. Especially if your computer freezes at the wrong moment, or, God forbid, you hit a wrong button at exactly the wrong time.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    RAWSkiBruce_ButterfieldBroussard
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,998 Mega Baller

-- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,903 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @RAWSki and to add to @lpskier point, the rules define the number of rated judges required to run the event. This language clarification essentially allows a rated TC to work in a position of a judge. It’s the same rationale as a boat driver being allowed to act as a boat judge to accommodate a pin person and a video person in the boat (no room for a 4th person).
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board

Broussard
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 971 Mega Baller
    @klindy I get it, in fact i assisted and observed operation of the our new VTM system last fall and it definitely takes time for everyone to learn I just found the rationale sentence rather amusing However i did not see where it actually says that a rated TC can replace or do double-duty as a judge position but if that is the case that's s a very good thing.