S Lines

dbaconazdbaconaz Posts: 175 Baller
edited March 1 in Skis Fins Bindings
Anyone using S Lines? Any reviews?
Tagged:

Comments

• MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 997 Crazy Baller
    I’m curious too. They sound like decent ropes, various flex options, loop options
    dbaconazadamhcaldwell
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,341 Mega Baller
    edited February 28
    @lpskier
    😂😂😂
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 997 Crazy Baller
    Wow……Someone really needs to correspond to Best Reviews to advise there’s another whole world out there
    mcskier41
  • RGilmoreRGilmore Posts: 220 Baller
    edited February 28
    @lpskier

I sense you are subtly mocking the value of that "Best Review" on ski ropes, but I think you should remember that it was written by none other than Allen. So maybe show a little respect?

ALLEN:

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,767 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Oh yeah, Allen. I see him at all the tournaments.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Alvin_Neffmcskier41
  • dbaconazdbaconaz Posts: 175 Baller
    Airhead double handle is my favorite!! HAHA
  • MI3EventerMI3Eventer Posts: 40 Baller
    The owner of S ropes skis at my club and our club used a couple of his prototypes towards the end of the year. From my perspective (and let me be clear I'm not a slalom guru), I noticed no difference between those ropes and the masterlines we were using prior. Some of the better skiers in the club tested them for him (35 off and deeper skiers) and gave them favorable reviews.

So far I've only used his slalom ropes, but its time for me to get a new jump rope so I'll probably getting one from him this spring.
    dbaconaz
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,538 Mega Baller
    Nothing wrong with more competition out there. Prices are getting outrageous, especially some of the handles.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    dbaconazWishskialex
  • MastercrafterMastercrafter Posts: 339 Crazy Baller
    @thager -- yeah. $190 for the Optimized 2.0 mainline and $175 for my ML Custom 13" handle, that needed re-strung after a season due to fray.

Some quality, friendly competition would be welcome here. I realize there are cheaper options for mainline but I'm wanting to ski with the same as the tournaments.

dbaconaz
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,538 Mega Baller
    @Mastercrafter That $175 handle is now $260 to replace. I had the same problem as you with mine.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • MI3EventerMI3Eventer Posts: 40 Baller
    @Mastercrafter support Michigan products ;)
    Mastercrafter
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,341 Mega Baller
    ropes pictured on their site look really good. At that price, I will definitely give them a try. They look to be a very high quality product.
    MI3Eventerdbaconaz
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 802 Mega Baller
    He needs to send some samples to @Horton for review if he wants to get them noticed.
    dbaconazskialexALPJr
    Yeah, a review would be nice and I'd like to see how their different softness ropes compare to ML equivalents.
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,786 Mega Baller
    @Mastercrafter Your post made me double check the ML site. :o
    Must be the COVID tax...
    I changed from ML Monster Radius to Radar ARC from Performance a couple handles ago.Way cheaper (even more with Ballers discount) and same quality.

Are S lines made\assemble in USA or imported ?
    My ski finish in 16.95 ...but my ass is out of tolerance!
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 802 Mega Baller
    Wonder if they are going to make handles too?
    Different rope settings like different zero off letters
  • dbaconazdbaconaz Posts: 175 Baller
    @Sedge Thank you for the information! I look forward to trying them out! Any idea on when you might have a handle available?
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 499 Open or Level 9 Skier
    I believe that there is “much ado about nothing” when it comes to ropes. As long as the the rope has quality yarn and is built accurately, I can’t really find my difference is the skiing. I skied the two ML lines types and a In-tow rope, from 15 to 41 one after another (stretching them for a tournament) and did not ski any better or worse or feel a difference. The biggest differentiator for me was the attachment method, I am not fond of some of the methods, but others like it.
    EFW
  • B_SB_S Posts: 318 Crazy Baller
    Thanks for the heads up, and a MI company to boot!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,350 Administrator
    Very interesting

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

Mastercrafter
    @JackQ I surely don’t want to argue with an open rated skier who’s PB is in the10.25’s, but going from my Syndicate mainline to an Optomized 2.0 was such a horrible experience, I almost gave up on it. Forced myself to only because it’s whats used in tournaments around where. I’m a beginner who barely makes it out of 18m and I suspect that has much to do with it (poor technique at times and lots of rope).. but I was a completely different skier one mainline to the next, in the same set.

I’m now getting used to the 2.0 and will stick with it (or similar) from here on out
    marknJackQ
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,350 Administrator
    edited March 1
    It is a funny subject. I know skiers who swear there is a huge difference between ropes and others who do not feel it. Personally I feel boats and skis and other stuff much more than ropes. I have no explanation.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

MastercrafterJody_Seal
  • EFWEFW Posts: 182 Baller
    Block busting!
  • kurtkurt Posts: 120 Solid Baller
    I skied @Sedge s-line rope one set last fall , it felt good .
    I could not tell it apart from the in-tow I use or the non optimized masterline.
    I do not like the optimized...too stretchy
    billy's puddle swerving around the frogs
    Sedge
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 1,025 Crazy Baller
    @Sedge do you have liability insurance????? Any one can sell ropes cheap. It is the insurance that drives up the cost of product. These are exact copies of Masterline in just about every way. I noticed you do not your name on the ropes? With no name on your product why would an LOC take the risk of using a product that may not have insurance backing in case of an accident?