Green Mini Course Buoys - Love/Hate. Sinkable Solutions?

ToddLToddL Posts: 2,998 Mega Baller
edited March 9 in News & Other Stuff
Does has anyone engineered a super efficient solution to put in / remove (sink) the mini course?

The scenario is a lake where trick path is right over the mini course buoys. There are time demands/limits, so the ability to quickly transition from trick to mini slalom is a necessity. No, the practice sets cannot be scheduled such that they never alternate. Depth is roughly 6-8 ft, so somewhat over head, but not crazy deep.

Idea #1: Sink them - how far under the water would be sufficient to clear a trick boat prop? Mechanics of doing this? Anchor ropes through large carabiners at anchor points and pulled to shore, attached there? Other ideas?

Idea #2: Sub-buoy them - same concern as #1. Best practices for sub-buoy setups given this scenario?

Idea #3: Quick release at anchor point, but how to make this easier to find, do? Guide rope from anchor to shoreline? Other ideas? Type of "quick release/attached" solutions? Large clips, magnets, other crazy brainstorm ideas? Any best practices to share?

-- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.

Comments

• AndreAndre Posts: 1,791 Mega Baller
    I would quick connect to sub bouys 30" below surface. Most ski boat have a draft of 22-24".
    My ski finish in 16.95 ...but my ass is out of tolerance!
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,998 Mega Baller
    edited March 8
    @Andre
    - I am thinking that at a trick speed (with wake-enhancing weight, etc.) the draft might be a bit deeper?
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    BG1
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 944 Mega Baller
    Go 3ft sub bouy disconnect. You’re only having to do three of them right.
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,998 Mega Baller
    Ideally, only 3, but might as well be consistent and do the same rig on the other side's 3.
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 944 Mega Baller
    I’ll think the fastest way to do it would be with a golf cart and three people. Drop one off at one ball , three ball , and then go to five ball . swimming to disconnect , drop it on the shoreline . then do it in reverse when you’re done with the trick set.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,830 Mega Baller
    edited March 9
    Sounds like a Dr. Jim Michael’s version for your trick course, but pulled down instead of narrower.
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 492 Crazy Baller
    It's the custom lapoint ski park submersible system, just missing the garage door opener,