Investing in a new ski

Investing in a new ski

I’ve been a wakeboarder for 5 years (didn’t do anything insane) but moved on a lake with access to skiing and started slaloming last year. The more advanced ski I have access to hurts my wide foot. I’m 185lb, 5’9 and have a size 13 shoe. Looking for a ski in the intermediate-advanced category that my skill can grow into and is really enjoyable at the same time! I have around $500-600 to spend on a ski and bindings total. Thanks in advanced!

Comments

• LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 965 Mega Baller
    With that kind of cheddar to spend you will have to go really used. Check SIA.
    Horton
  • jeblancjeblanc Posts: 24 Baller
    I would look into the Connelly V. As someone who grew up only free skiing, I found it was a great ski to be on when I was learning to ski the course. It's fast, reliable, and forgiving. It's also very reasonably priced. Good luck.
    Horton
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 269 Crazy Baller
    It may be that you have just a binding problem. call a pro shop like Perfski.com , tell them the brand ski you have and your need for sz 13, they could set you up.

Many used skis will be sold blank w/o bindings, so you will probably be shopping for bindings even if picking up a used ski.
    lpskier